Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Testing D-Jet FI, Got a few questions
Spoke
post Apr 6 2008, 11:25 PM
Post #1

Jerry

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

I'm prepping a 1.8L engine for the red 914 to replace the leaky 1.7L with one cylinder low on compression that's in the car. The installed engine has dual IDF40 Webers on it now.

When the PO bought the car, it had FI and was not running or was not running good. He took it to a local 356 shop and they pulled the FI and put on a single Weber just to get the car running.

When the 356 shop moved locations, I received a box full of FI stuff from the car. My goal is to test each component and get the FI running again. I've tested most of the components including the distributor contact points, temp senders, throttle switch, and MPS.

For the MPS, I just tested for vacuum leakage. It was leaking pretty badly so I took it apart and sealed it. I'll test it when I test the FI brain.

I got a few questions that I'll get to in a few posts. First question is will it damage injectors if they are operated w/o fuel pressure? I plan to run the brain with injectors dry.

Here's all the stuff I received:

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 10:03 PM