Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Wierd turn signal buzzing
flat4
post Apr 20 2008, 03:21 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,459

Hi All, the turn signals on my rebuild seemed to work OK for a while. Now they are not. They work fine with either signal on, or the hazard flashers. When off there is a buzzing from the relay and the brake & turn indicator warning lights are always on, but a bit dimmer than normal.

I disconnected the column stalk and the problem is still there.

So I went back to the last thing I fixed, which was to put bulbs in the various indicator lights and put them back in the correct holes in the gauges. Lo and behold the problem only occurs with the brake warning bulb in. For now I've taken it out so I can fix the rest of the issues on the car, but I'd like to get to the bottom of it and have the warning light back before driving on the road.

Why does the brake warning light come on with the turn signals (flashing in time with the turn indicator)? I assume it is meant to, or is this a problem?

Any ideas?

Thanks, Steve
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 06:34 PM