Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Just remember... If you swerve to avoid, you're culprit, A rant about idiot drivers this morning.
Brando
post Jun 11 2008, 05:28 PM
Post #1

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

First, look at this map here.

This is the intersection right by my work. As I driving south on Williams St a gold chrysler land yacht runs the stop sign coming out of Albertson's (store parking lot on the right), cuts into my lane of traffic right in front of me. Instead of hitting this idiot driver, I turned right onto E. 16th. I cut the wheel hard, gave it a substantial amount of gas to get out of the way, and slowed after I got onto the street. Of course, there was an older lady down the street quite a ways who freaked out and started running across the street (we'll come back to this in a moment). Of course, the person in the gold chrysler didn't give a damn and kept going, not caring. I pull into the south parking lot and park to take a breather. Just as soon as I have my radio off and my seatbelt undone I hear the (IMG:style_emoticons/default/busted_cop.gif) behind me. Good 'ol Santa Ana P.D.

I think "Ah, fantastic, a ticket to go with my evasive maneuvers."
Cop comes up to my window. "Hi there, license and registration please."
To which, I hand him my stuff.
Officer 1: "So, why were you driving crazy like that?"
Me: "Well, I wouldn't say I was driving crazy -- I was trying not to hit a car that cut me off."
Officer: "What do you mean?"
Me: "Another car came out of the Albertson's parking lot, ran the stop sign and drove out in front of me. Instead of hitting that person I turned to the right and swerved a bit, but luckily didn't hit anyone or anything."
Officer: "So when was the last time you had a ticket?"
Me: "Last year sometime, for expired registration."

The officer then walks behind my car. To my right I saw the other officer whom had his head at window-level and looking into my car walk behind with him.

They were talking, albeit not quietly... One of them said they saw the other car, the other was like "well, okay."

Officer came back around to my side of the car, gave me back my license with registration and said "Alright, well stay safe." Then they drove off.

I spent the next 10 minutes doing damage control with the old lady who swore "I ALMOST GOT HIT!" like it was Paris Hilton's new slang.

"Oh you're scare? I'M SCARED! I ALMOST GOT HIT! Were you the one driving that car? OH MY GOD! I ALMOST GOT HIT! WHY WERE YOU DRIVING LIKE THAT?"

So I apologized about her wracked nerves... Mine weren't doing too good either... Explained the sitch, to which she relaxed and quit yelling...

Oy... I need a CCWP...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 11:36 PM