Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Throttle valve switch woes..., little to no idle...
stateofidleness
post Jun 12 2008, 05:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,065
Region Association: None

to precede.... i have an idle issue where the car either has VERY low idle (like 200, or 100) or no idle at all (tach won't even move). also, once i drive the car for a few minutes, whenever i have to go back into first, it just dies.. does not return to idle..

with that said, i've been directed to check the TPS or Throttle valve switch..

finally found the switch, and using the Pelican tech article ive gotten to the point where i connect common to common (middle prong) and positive to "idle" prong.

..and... shouldn't it give me a reading?? i have it set to audible (the ohm meter) and i hear nothing once the two connections are made.. i even tried either side of the common prong to make sure it was on the right one...

does this mean dead TPS? i know they're NLA and i don't really want to fork out the $$ to fix it as the car is for sale.. is there a way to keep my idle normal and still keep it drivable? dying at every stop sign or intersection takes all the fun out of 914 ownership as you can imagine..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 04:20 PM