Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A Good Carburetor Shop
dbgriffith75
post Aug 15 2008, 02:42 PM
Post #1

TheGrif

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,945
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Not to discourage anybody from taking advantage of 914World.com and the wealth of carburetor knowledge contained within, but I wanted to give everybody here a link to the website of a good carburetor shop. As most of us are aware, a good carburetor shop is hard to find these days as there's very few of them around anymore; and I see a lot of carb questions on these boards.

But this place deserves recognition. When I needed a set of gaskets for the oddball carburetors (Solex 34's) on my 2.0, even tho it literally took months to find something, this guy was always very courteous and professional with me despite my constant calling and bugging the crap out of him about it. If I left a message I was called back that day or the day after. And at times he would take the time to call me if he learned something new or found something he thought I needed to know.

The guy's name is Joe, and he operates Carburetor USA in New Jersey. Maybe you've heard of him, maybe you haven't. Either way, the link to his website is http://www.carburetorusa.com If you check on his site you'll find that he's not restricted to just cars. He handles just about every type of carb you can think of.

A guy I work with recently needed the carb on his '84 Toyota truck rebuilt, so I reccomended CarbUSA to him and the total cost after parts and labor was about $260 plus shipping both ways; but Joe gaurantees the rebuild for life. FOR LIFE. Not a lot of places are that confident in their work; and my coworker was extremely happy with the end result. The reason I didn't have him rebuild my carbs is because I like to do that type of work myself.

Anyway, like I said, I just wanted to get his name on the board. If you need one rebuilt or need gaskets or what have you, I reccomend calling this guy first.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 12:19 PM