Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Porsche 6 dry sump systems explained
-JR-
post Oct 1 2008, 10:02 PM
Post #1

Life goes faster at 150MPH

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,055

So I found myself looking at lots of posts on what guys have done for their 914-6 oiling systems and came up with an observation.

It seems to me that the mounting of the tank (especially in non-stock setups) doesn't seem to have any affect on the operation of the system. Particularly the height on the car relative to the motor. I would have thought that having the oil level higher than the collection area of the motor would eventually lead to the reservoir draining into the motor.

On a Porsche 6, is the return oil also pumped out of the motor?

On a front mounted tank, like the Patrick Motor Sports one, is bleeding the air out of the system to eliminate air locks a serious pit fall? I can if air gets into the pump line, that it could prevent oil from pumping. Much like a vapor lock on a fuel pump.

Does anyone have any experience with oil supply capabilities of a front tank VS a factory or rear mounted tank?

For those with front tanks, what is the ID of your feed line pipe?

I've seen where the return line comes off from. Does anyone have shots of where the feed line connects? Particularly on a 3.6? I've heard the others are all basically the same though.

Any other theory of dry sump operation specific to Porsche 6cyl engines would be great!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 03:09 AM