Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Dynolicious, auto performance meter for iPhone + iPod Touch
number6
post Oct 2 2008, 04:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,546
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Hi everyone. I know it's been mentioned in passing a couple times here, but I wanted to explicitly point out this seemingly sweet app for iPhone and iPod Touch, for those who have missed it.

From the developer's website ( http://dynolicious.com/ ):

"Dynolicious is the first automotive performance meter available for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Dynolicious uses the hardware built-in to your iPhone to measure the performance characteristics of your vehicle. No external wires or equipment is necessary, simply slip the iPhone into a cradle or cupholder and go!

Some of the performance metrics Dynolicious can measure:

0-60 Acceleration
1/4 Mile Elapsed Time
Lateral G's
Horsepower

Unlike other accelerometer-based performance meters, Dynolicious uses the advanced data-handling and display capabilities of the iPhone to make the most of your performance testing. Dynolicious maintains a history of test runs, showing you averages and trends in your results. Dynolicious also allows you to enter modifications performed to your vehicle, and will instantly show before-and-after results to easily identify gains or losses."

And here's a comparison/review video:
http://www.garage419.com/episode/419_20080807

I'm probably in the minority to not have an iPhone/iPod Touch. Been resisting it even though I love Apple hardware. I think this is the killer app that's going to push me over. When I get my car back and can do some testing against real dyno time, I'll post a follow up. In the meantime, is anyone using this software? Your impressions?

-duc

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 04:41 PM