Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Failed CO E-check, need some ideas to pass, 76 D-jet, high HCs and COs
newto914s
post Dec 2 2008, 08:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,663

I'm thinking of registering my 914 in Colorado, cars been running better than I ever remember, but I failed my e-check today. Visual inspection was fine, needless to say they couldn't fine anything on the car, but that also means they didn't see I have no smog pump or catalytic converter. I even passed on CO2.
But my HCs were 1825 at 2500rpms and 1047 at idle, 600 is the limit.
And my COs were 11.7 at 2500rpms and 8.19 at idle, 3.5 is the limit.
About the car. It's a 2056 running D-jet. I turned up the fuel pressure to compensate for the extra displacement, but I think that's how I shot myself in the foot. I'm also using SirAndy's old MPS. It's a 1.7 that he tweeked to run his old 1.8. My car loves it though. My car ran like shit with the 2L MPS, and it held vacuum and everything.
I think that covers it. I'm thinking of turning down the Fuel pressure, leaning out the idle on the ECU and crossing my fingers. Any other ideas? Do those numbers seem way to far off to be cause by fuel pressure?
Thanks guys.
Samson
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 11:31 AM