Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> oil leak
JimW
post Feb 17 2004, 12:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 195
Region Association: None

Yesteday afternoon I started the 914 (74 1.8 engine in a 76) backed out of driveway
when i got out to shut the gate I noticed a lage oil slick in driveway I look under the car oil was pouring out of the back of the engine. the oil light just came on when i got back in the car and I shut it off and took the van to work. Today I drained about a quart of oil that was left in the engine. I have the engine out of the car I have removed the the fly wheel. on the right side of the Crankcase is a plug about 15mm that has come out of the engine. It looks like the plug is pressed in an a expansion disk in the center of the plug is driven in to seat and seal the plug. There are three of these plugs one on the left side two on the right. of the two left in the engine it seems the one on the left is in backwards and Iam guessing the one that came out was also in backwards. now my question is where can i get new plugs (what are they called)
I am very lucky this happened at Idle in the driveway and not at 70 down the highway.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 09:41 AM