Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Engine Plan, for my Black car
McMark
post Feb 19 2004, 09:54 AM
Post #1

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

Spent all yesterday planning my engine and wanted to share. I'm building a 2056 with 96 mm Keith Blacks and honed stock cylinders. I'm going to balance the whole assembly. I'm still pondering whether I'm going to replace the clutch and flywheel since it's pretty expensive ($800), but if I do I'll get a lightened flywheel which would be nice. Planning on a WebCam (maybe Elgin, Jake get the testing done (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ) 86b with a little extra exhaust duration (need to pull out the cam book and do more research and detail work to nail this down). I'll be getting ceramic lifters, and a Mallory (with Grey/Grey springs) and I have stock 2.0 heads that have been rebuilt that I'll use.

I'm seriously thinking of making a CIS injection car. Something about it has really tickled my fancy lately. It's so damn simple. After a lot of reading I'm going to pursue a 924 CIS-Basic setup from a 2.0. Might make the jump for CIS-E if I can find one with all the parts. CIS-E is nice because it tunes itself a little more, but it adds complexity.

Think that's it right now. I'm sure I forgot something. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
McMark   Engine Plan   Feb 19 2004, 09:54 AM
tat2dphreak   are you going to keep the heads stock or open them...   Feb 19 2004, 10:01 AM
type47   tell me more about the 924 CIS system applied to t...   Feb 19 2004, 10:05 AM
McMark   If I do a CIS it will definately be detailed in de...   Feb 19 2004, 10:09 AM
ArtechnikA  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 04:29 AM