Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Paypal Scam e-mail, New Identity theft issue
Red-Beard
post Feb 21 2004, 07:34 AM
Post #1

"Ya canna change the laws of Physics"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 288
Region Association: None

FYI - I got a funny e-mail this morning to an account I use for collecting SPAM. It looked like it was from Paypal and had all sorts of links and information. The first link is to a web page to give all of your personal information:

http://210.78.22.113/verify.html

I say we all log onto the site and drop tons of fake information on them.......

Here is what Paypal has to say....

Protect Your PayPal Account

Recently, PayPal members have reported suspicious-looking emails and fake websites. These fraudulent emails may address you with the salutation "Dear PayPal User" or "Dear PayPal Member." These emails are not from PayPal. PayPal will only address you by your first and last name, or the business name associated with the account.

Use the following tips to protect your PayPal account:
Safely access the PayPal website or your PayPal account by opening up a new web browser (Internet Explorer or Netscape) and type in the following: https://www.paypal.com/

Never give out the following information in an email:

First name, last name, business name

Email and password combination

Credit card, bank account, and PIN number

Social security and driver's license number

Do not download attachments, software updates, or any application to your computer via a link you received in an email. PayPal will not ask you to download anything for your account to work.

Choose a unique password and change it every 30-60 days.
If you think you have received a fraudulent email, please forward the entire email to spoof@paypal.com and then delete it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Red-Beard   Paypal Scam e-mail   Feb 21 2004, 07:34 AM
vsg914   I got one yesterday from Yahoo Auctions that said ...   Feb 21 2004, 07:56 AM
GWN7   Here's another scam I got from my ex sister-in...   Feb 21 2004, 08:29 AM
tat2dphreak   I got onje like that about a year ago, before I kn...   Feb 21 2004, 11:08 AM
914ghost   I use a bank account/credit card that I ONLY use f...   Feb 21 2004, 12:12 PM
tat2dphreak   ...   Feb 21 2004, 12:15 PM
d7n7master   Damn. Me too. Just last month. No phone call. No c...   Feb 21 2004, 12:27 PM
tat2dphreak  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 02:48 AM