Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> My car is back now DD, here are the new issues...
jsayre914
post Feb 26 2009, 06:11 PM
Post #1

Speed Up !!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,696
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Since the 914 is leaking less oil than my outback, i figured it was warm enough 45 degrees in balto.

I drove 1 hour from york to baltimore no problem, other than the damn fuse keeps popping to the instrument cluster (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) short somewhere. Then when i drove back to york that nigh the oil light began to glow on even the slightest long curve at about 65mph. So i stopped to check and yup, was a qtr under the full line so i added a little more than half a quart. Got in and back up to speed when Bloosh .. sudden loss of power misfier and smoke smoke smoke out the pipe. All the other traffic disappeard. This lasted less than 2 min as i slowed down the smoke cleared. Pulled off to the side took a look in the bay, and the battery side engine tin is soaked in oil, i cant tell if it just poured out of the air intake, can this happen?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) anyway i pulled the air cleaner open lifted the filter and found the half quart i just added sitting in the bottom of the box. WOW what a waste, i soaked it up wiped it dry and took off again little bit under full on the dipstick, same thing the car runs great lotsa power but the light always glows into any curve.

Advise please.

btw I love to drive this car, much more fun than a stinky subaru (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 08:30 AM