Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> -6 Header Selection, sizing
jdogg
post Mar 11 2009, 05:58 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 204

When I did my -6 conversion a couple years ago, I did some wheeling and dealing on parts and ended up with a set of 1-3/4" headers which I am currently using on the bone stock 2.4T CIS motor. I have been fussing with it on and off the last couple years trying to make it run right from idle to 4500....it stumbles and seems genuinely unhappy until it hits the magical 4500 RPM mark, when it takes off and runs smooth as silk. After messing with timing, monitoring A/F ratio, checking for vacuum leaks, and much general head scratching, I got to wondering about the header size. I know the 1-3/4 that I have on there is rated for 3.0 and up displacement, but I didn't think primary size would have that big an effect??

So my questions are:
1- Will running a too large diameter header primary cause the symptoms I described (rough running from idle to 4500, smooth 4500-up)?

and
2- What size would be more appropriate for a 2.4T with CIS? 1-1/2? 1-5/8?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 10:40 PM