Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> newbie wants to know how to clean idle jets, finally out for the summer
chocolate.curry
post Apr 27 2009, 05:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,403
Region Association: None

I just pulled my 914 out of storage and it started right up (well almost). It was a little hard to get going, but ran fine on the way home except for intermittent snap/crackle/pop. I can swear I hear both backfiring in the tailpipe and popping in the carbs. I was told last year before I put it away that it could be worn rings (Ed at CFR), but I want to eliminate other stuff if I can first, because it actually drives pretty well. I love flogging this car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dead horse.gif) , it doesn't complain and just keeps asking for more at higher RPMs. At lower RPMs it surges a little and generally is not very enthusiastic.

So -- how do I clean the idle jets? I've worked on carbs on a motorcycle before but never on a car. I've searched but can't find a good thread that gives specific enough instructions; maybe I need a manual, but don't have one yet (which one should I get?). I'll move on to checking exhaust leaks after I do this (and then more serious carb issues, or engine work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)). I guess I should check the timing as well (where is the timing mark?) Thanks in advance for helping a newbie!

Ram
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 03:49 AM