Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> help from welding guys, having trouble with mig flux cored wire
wayne1234
post Apr 27 2009, 07:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,238
Region Association: None

OK, I have a fairly new Lincoln 175hd welder, it is 220volt I have have not done a ton of welding but enough to to be dumb I guess. what I have welded in the past is 1/4" thick metal like a totally fabbed snow plow mount for my ram truck. shortened and welded a steel flatbed(thinner metal for top , diamond plate) to same truck. various trailer repairs. and such.,,, so my new to me 914 needs a few welds like in the front trunk where the previous owner did as trunk patch. I start by filling in a couple of small screw holes, that goes fine, then I tried the seam and it seems like I am blowing right through the metal. or it keeps puddling like a drip below.? and forget trying to fill a small gap..... Now let me say I am using FLUX CORED WIRE. with no gas. (I haven't ever used gas) is that my problem? did I just get away with it in my thicker metal? I know a buddy told me flux-cored gets more penetration. this is the first "sheet metal" welding I have done. Any input is welcome.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 08:58 AM