Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Maximum available width in aa steel flared car, What is there to work with on wheel/tire availability
charliew
post May 8 2009, 08:39 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,958

I've tried to read every thread on this and the other site and tried to see what the clearances were at the lip of the opening. My teener will be a little lower than stock but it's a street car so not real low. I have some 18inch 996 chrome turbo wheels for a dune buggy but the rears are 11 inches wide, the fronts are 8's. I have seen 8's on the fronts but not sure of the 18 size. The rear is the big question. Does anyone have the width between the inner fenderwell and the flared fenderlip? I have read that it's the inner fenderwell and not the control arm thats the first interference spot. I would like to get at least a 9 inch wheel and hopefully a 10 in there and then figgure out what it will take to get it on the 5 bolt 911 hub. My early plans are to use a 911 bearing in a modded control arm without wheel spacers. That may be more work than whats necessary though.

If there's a thread someone knows about that covers this well, point me to it and save the explanation. I have decided any wider than the aa flares and the car gets too obvious and might draw too much attention.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 02:15 AM