Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> My 914 is driving me insane, not so happy about having it anymore.
weird_looking_cactus
post Mar 2 2004, 09:20 PM
Post #1

Cactus

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,660

Ever sence I bought the thing I have been having toubles. I have only had 1 good memory about it almost 2 good memoys. The first good time is when I first got it started up and I was able to get it up to a high enought RPM and make it idle to take it for a drive around the block. The second almost good memory I had is when we were pulling it to my grandmas house I had to stay in the car and steer it. I was having such a good time steering the car and getting lots of attidion from everyone. I didn't realize that the door doesn't such tight and we went a round a sharp conor and the door flys open I almost fall out and the door miss's a car by 1/2 a feet. But for the past 2 weeks I have been having troubles trying to get the dang thing to run. I was filling pretty good about it tell the guy at auto zone told I should replace the ignition coil for good measures well that screwed me up big time cause now I can't figure out what the heck I burn't out and Im getting fed up with everything on the car being hard to replace and really expensive. Maybe I need to be a little older to have this car and get more auto repair experience behind me. I bought the car for $700 and I bet I can get $1500 out of it easy. I have put about $300 into already. And my parents are no help they just keep telling me I should of bought a car that runs I just don't see the fun in that but I guess there right.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
weird_looking_cactus   My 914 is driving me insane   Mar 2 2004, 09:20 PM
Freedom   well sir you are learining with one of the finest ...   Mar 2 2004, 09:29 PM
rhodyguy   have you copied the tech articles at pelican? or r...   Mar 2 2004, 09:30 PM
weird_looking_cactus   Yep I have got a haynes manual and it dosn't s...   Mar 2 2004, 09:35 PM
MXMARK   I second the Pelican tech articles and the Haynes ...   Mar 2 2004, 09:36 PM
rhodyguy   print out the color wiring diagram at pelican for ...   Mar 2 2004, 09:41 PM
nebreitling   dude, whatever you do, do it patiently and methodi...   Mar 2 2004, 09:55 PM
Chris H.   Well, most of us have definitely been in your shoe...   Mar 2 2004, 09:57 PM
weird_looking_cactus   Well my parents support me but they just told me t...   Mar 2 2004, 10:06 PM
JOHNMAN   Mr. Cactus, Why do you think you "burned somethin...   Mar 2 2004, 11:14 PM
nebreitling   what kind of coil did you put in your car? you sh...   Mar 2 2004, 11:37 PM
fiid   Be patient and stick with it. Don't sell it u...   Mar 2 2004, 11:40 PM
weird_looking_cactus     Mar 3 2004, 08:15 AM
seanery   cactus, since the car isn't close by, it would...   Mar 3 2004, 08:25 AM
rhodyguy   a blue one (coil) is what i refered to in the emai...   Mar 3 2004, 08:29 AM
davep   Welcome to the school of hard knocks. It gets easi...   Mar 3 2004, 09:09 AM
McMark  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 04:08 AM