Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Gas smell under the tank, more of a rant than anything
rjames
post Jul 8 2009, 10:39 AM
Post #1

I'm made of metal

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,467
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Open the front hood and you can smell the gas, and I can tell it's coming from the underside of the tank (new gasket on the topside).

I also had this problem last year. That's when I decided pull and refinish the tank (inside and out). At that time I replaced the tank filter sock and all washers, the fuel filter and all of the soft lines under the tank. Fuel smell gone! At least until this week when the smell of fuel returned with a vengence. Enough to stink up the garage when I open the hood. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

The rant is that I hate pulling the tank. It's a royal pain. So far it's been one of my least favorite jobs. Also, I hate that all of the work I did to get rid of any gas leaks/weeping lines etc, only lasted for a year. I also hate that the 'access' hole on the underside of the car is barely accessible by anyone- except for maybe rats and spiders. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Ok, rant over. Back to your regularly scheduled day.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 06:00 PM