Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need help with numbers, Bama 94teen car numbers
girellr
post Aug 23 2009, 02:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,453
Region Association: South East States

Bama 94teen. If I duplicated this thread - sorry - had computer problems. I thought my 75, 2.0 was matching, but now I am puzzled. S/N: 4752902551 - OK - a 75. Body: 4019004 - I have no clue how to match body numbers. Color: L97A - Diamond Silver Metalic - here is where it gets interesting. L97A was only offered to LE in 75, but was a 76 option. The 75s were (according to book) late 75s, but my S/N is not a late number. Ok for the real wierd part - motor number: GC003809. Not 000, but 00. The 3809 indictaes a 76 motor, BUT I have doen history on car and contacted previous owners (2) and motor has NEVER beeen changed. Could I have a wierd 75? I challange the 914 gods/gurus to explain. Yes - I am a type A/ anal person, but this stuff bothers me. I have been told I have an LE 75, but who knows. All I do know is after all this work, my 21st car is the most fun I have ever had. At 55, what took me so long to go through BMW, Audi, MG, VW, to find this secret you guys have been holding?

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows and cares.

Gonin for a drive.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 05:42 AM