Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need electrical advise
993inNC
post Aug 24 2009, 06:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,676
Region Association: South East States

as I've stated before, I am an electrical ....... dunce. I know the basics and have gone through them and am stumped on where to go from here. Here's where I am. I have half the car pulled apart with regards to wiring. I found the headlight switch to be flaky, but have them working (with pop up function) if I pull the switch just right (ok I'm good with even being there so far). I still have no flashers (have tested the hazard switch and it seems power comes in and goes where its supposed to when actuated (only at the switch though). The blinkers don't work, nor under the guise of the hazzard switch do they work. I have no brake lights and the running lights (next to the back up lights) seem to stay on whether the lights switch is on or not (ignition on).
Also I pulled the front bulbs (looked good) as well as the rear. I pulled the rear housings apart and I when I did, I have lights that come on when they shouldn't, lights that don't come on when they should, and the kicker, if I play with the back up light for instance (push it in harder) all the lights on that side come on (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) clearly something is wrong. Almost seems like I have cross pollinating going on somewhere in the electrical system. Like power is being crossed over to everything but only under certain conditions.

So my Q is......where do I start? Where should I look? Should I scrap the entire harness for either new or refurbed from Pelican (or other)? I was hoping to get this car to where it was driveable while I decide how far to take its reconstruction and since I won't have much time until next summer to do this car right, but this will be a huge setback if I don't get it worked out.

Any guidance will be hugely appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 06:08 AM