Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> GT chassis stiffening kit or engman kit... or GT + Engman kit?
ghuff
post Sep 2 2009, 04:20 PM
Post #1

This is certainly not what I expected down here.

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,389
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I am wondering which to do, or both.

I am also wondering if there is a point of diminishing returns, because of added weight and not much of an increase in rigidity....

But then my gut/instinct tells me this is a 1975 914 and it probably can use all the help it can get, and that the weight penality is easily worth the added rigidity.

Intended goals of the car, plenty of tire smoking torque out of a turbocharged Type IV and sticky tires + stiff suspension.

I am at the point of removing paint from the inner longs while I redo my pans and por-15 them. Since it is winter, doing some welding and having it down a little longer is no big deal.

I also am going to be installing the engman large plate front swaybar mount reinforcements since the sheetmetal there on the drivers side shows some fatigue/stress signs from some road debris smacking the underside of the chassis sometime in the past.....

Thoughts?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 04:37 PM