Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> My (un)lucky week, 914 goes comatose on road
MBowman325
post Sep 3 2009, 09:16 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,413
Region Association: Southwest Region

And people said 30 was supposed to be bad

A series of untimely, unfortunate and bizarre events have made this a less than desired week. While nobody's dead that I'm aware of, which I'm grateful for (my Dad had major neck surgery a couple of weeks ago and my brother's in Iraq), not much has gone right this week.

I've been driving the Impala recently because I'd thought I had a major fuel leak in the 914 up front.. Turned out to be user error, reconnected hose and smells better. Coming home from Texas Tuesday the Imp developed a bad vibration that's progressed, engine related somewhere. Again, haven't had a chance to look at it because of various obligations, so I grab the 914 and drive.

Does OK yesterday. This morning on the way to work, it dies without warning. It will crank and I hear the fuel pump if I move the flap. I attempted to "prime" it with the flap and it ran again for about 20 feet and died. Afterwards I was unable to get it to fire again. Cranks fine, no unexpected mechanical noises. I did notice that the flap didn't seem to be all that smooth in it's motion - almost felt like it was dragging about 30% into the motion.

I was late for work and wasn't quite out of the neighborhood, so I was able to walk it back most of the way (only had to push uphill about 40 yards...) and drive the Impala in with it's problems - no time to give it any sort of once-over. Looks like I'll be working on cars tonight.

I'll have a better idea of what's going on when I can spend some time with it, but any ideas or recommendations would be great.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 04:52 AM