Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Duel carbs VS. Fuel injection, Whats the real deal
Jaymann
post Sep 20 2009, 09:46 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,692
Region Association: None

So whats the real story.What are the pro's and con's,I am working on a 1975 porsche 914 1.8L 4cyl. I am currentley using the stock fuel injection.I decided to start this project, by getting the car running back to stock.This car had been in storage since 1992.The gas tank was bone dry, and in perfect shape inside and out.I replaced all the fuel lines,filter,fuel pump.All the vacuum hoses,a bunch of gaskets and o-rings and stuff,chaged the oil,fiters etc,and did a complete tune up.
Now she runs ,and starts real nice.The car has very little rust at all anywhere,the motor runs very strong.This car has always been stored in a heated garage,and never driven in bad weather.My end goal is to have a car that is still street legal,but I can run at the track.So if I rebuild my motor and go from 76 h.p. to like 150 or 185hp can you still use the f.i. or do you need duel cabs at this point?I am not a mechanic, and this is my first 914.So please forgive me, if I ask any stupid questions.I am planning to run this engine for a while,she still has plenty of life left in her.I am just trying to figure out, what I want to do in the future.Jaymann
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 09:15 AM