Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 25,000 mile Preserved baby, 1974 914 SOLD, SOLD
RFoulds
post Feb 24 2012, 02:05 PM
Post #1

Green Teen 66

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,656
Region Association: Southwest Region

Here she is. I affectionately named her Oly Blue.

First purchased in Texas at Forest Lane Porsche Audi, where DPD air conditioning was installed. Other than the a/c and recently replaced visors, this 1974 appears as original as the day she left the factory. Original paint, upholstery, and even spare tire.
Paintwork is in extremely nice original condition. a few rock chips and door chips, but those the patina of her super low 25,000 miles.

Originally purchased by Dr. James Reese of Rockwall TX, the car was often seen around the small town as his daily driver. At approximately 12,000 miles, he sold it to a young man, Greg Foerster also if Rockwall Texas, who drove it sparingly until 1987. In that year, at 25,000 miles, he parked it in his grandmother's garage under cover, and left it.

Oly Blue sat almost completely undisturbed for 23 years.

Some 23 years later, Mr. Foerster, now living in CA, was reminded that he still owned this little babyand he might want to remove it from its hiding spot. A friend of his posted it on this site for sale as is in July of 2010.
It received a lot of attention at that time, and Wayne Fry, living in the area, volunteered to go take pics for me and other interested buyers. Under 23 years of dust was a virtual 914 time machine.

I bought the car from the pics and history, and set about getting her running again. Much, much cleaning, effort, and money was spent on bringing her back to life.

Thanks to Steve Floyd at Desert Performance and Don Kravig of Precision Motion for all mechanical work.

So here she is, one of the lowest mileage, original condition Porsche 914 I have ever heard of. Before she goes to auction, or E-Bay where she is sure to be snapped up by a European buyer and returned to her homeland, I offer her here for the 914 brethren.

Asking Price is $21,000 Firm will consider interesting partial trades, especially Porsche

760-625-6488

MANY morepics to be found here:

http://photobucket.com/olyblue

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/img.photobucket.com-10656-1330113908.1.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RFoulds
post Feb 24 2012, 02:06 PM
Post #2

Green Teen 66

Contact info:

rfoulds@verizon.net or 760-625-6488
+Quote Post
6freak
post Feb 24 2012, 02:18 PM
Post #3

MR.C

Member No.: 8,829
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Dang! what a peach... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
tod914
post Feb 24 2012, 05:45 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 170

Beautiful job! Best of luck with your sale. I'm sure it won't take too long for it to find the right home.
+Quote Post
Ferg
post Feb 27 2012, 11:18 AM
Post #5

914 Guru

Member No.: 116
Region Association: None

Now on bringatrailer.com (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
914werke
post Feb 28 2012, 12:21 AM
Post #6

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Very Nice! I hope you get your price.
+Quote Post
RFoulds
post Mar 1 2012, 05:40 PM
Post #7

Green Teen 66

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Looks like she has a new home. It came down to three serious buyers. One had his money a little quicker than the others.

Thanks to all on this board for the help and support. When the new owner takes delivery, I will ask his permission to post his name and info.

Now, on to the next one!

+Quote Post
dcheek
post Mar 2 2012, 06:00 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 6,103

Congratulations to the new owner. Forget what anyone says, you got a deal on this car. If you maintain it properly, your investment will only gain value over time. There is no way you could restore a 914 to this level for what you paid.

My suggestion to anyone on the fence about purchasing a car of this quality; buy it now! The 4 cylinder 914's are climbing in value at an accelerated rate. $21,000 will sound like a bargain 5-10 years from now. A recent Hemmings article confirms this.

I was interested in purchasing a 914 -6 about 10 years ago from someone I knew in the Porsche Club. His asking price at the time was $25000 firm. That was about $5000 over the going rate. I should have bought it because $40000+ is now what it takes for a comparable car.

You snooze, you lose.

Dave

+Quote Post
ww914
post Mar 2 2012, 09:29 AM
Post #9

914 Convert

Member No.: 13,621
Region Association: Central California

Very nice. Love the color.
+Quote Post
climber911
post Mar 2 2012, 11:51 AM
Post #10

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 13,622
Region Association: Canada

I,m the new owner, pleasure to deal with Randy and to aquire such a nice original example. This car will be preserved in my collection of 8 various original early Porsches. Dave is correct in saying these cars are going up and clean unmolested ones are few and far between. Ken
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Mar 2 2012, 02:51 PM
Post #11

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Congratz & (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

Hopefully you'll take her to some local Porsche Club Concours & earn some creds, which Randy never had a chance to do down here in SoCal - as well as to enjoy some driving time & post in the Forums on here.

Given the unmolested nature of "Oly Blue" -
might I suggest that you take some good pix of her throughout, and post them in our Originality & History Forum's nailed topic called "The few, the rare...." -
.... which is there as a restoration & originality reference for other owners/etc.

Oly Blue would be a great 1974 1.8 example! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
carr914
post Mar 2 2012, 03:03 PM
Post #12

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(climber911 @ Mar 2 2012, 12:51 PM) *

I,m the new owner, pleasure to deal with Randy and to aquire such a nice original example. This car will be preserved in my collection of 8 various original early Porsches. Dave is correct in saying these cars are going up and clean unmolested ones are few and far between. Ken

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:07 AM