Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1974 914 2.0, Exceptional Blue Car
ClayPerrine
post Oct 7 2009, 11:30 AM
Post #1

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

1974 914 2.0 L

This car is here at Zims Autotechnik. I have no interest in the sale, but I have driven and examined this car in detail and it is an exceptional quality car. No rust found in the trunk, the hell hole, the frame or anywhere else I could think to look. Original 70600 miles on the odometer. New tires, new battery. Runs and drives. A real rarity... a 914 that you don't have to work on before you can drive it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) Come pick it up and drive it home, even if you are in Maine.

Asking $9750.00

Beautiful Texas car. If I wasn't unemployed, I would buy it myself. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

If interested, call Al Zim at 817-267-4451 or 1-800-356-2964.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
markb
post Oct 11 2009, 12:39 AM
Post #2

914less :(

Group: Members
Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

Am I seeing a rear anti-sway bar, but no front bar?
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Oct 15 2009, 09:59 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(markb @ Oct 11 2009, 01:39 AM) *

Am I seeing a rear anti-sway bar, but no front bar?

Yes, You are seeing a rear bar without a front. The current owner added the rear bar, but never installed the front one. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)

+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post Oct 15 2009, 10:09 AM
Post #4

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

that is a nice car! this is a perfect example of buying the best you can get... 9750 imo is a steal compared to all the $ i've spent working on my car and my car is STILL not this nice.
+Quote Post
McMark
post Oct 15 2009, 07:27 PM
Post #5

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

They gonna fix the ripped out clutch tube? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Oct 16 2009, 07:35 AM
Post #6

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

Not to pick nits, but it looks like the plug to the fuel pump is about to come out.

Looks like a nice car, but that fugly rear spoiler knocks at least a grand off the price IMHO.
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Oct 16 2009, 12:22 PM
Post #7

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

I have to agree re the rear spoiler; it has to go right away.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Oct 17 2009, 07:42 PM
Post #8

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 15 2009, 05:27 PM) *

They gonna fix the ripped out clutch tube? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

I thought I saw a crack also.
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Oct 18 2009, 08:15 AM
Post #9

Owner is aware of the clutch tube problem. That is why the price came down.
+Quote Post
sixaddict
post Oct 18 2009, 09:52 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 9,961
Region Association: South East States

With all due respect to this car and Clay, as I know he is a good judge of quality, a $10K 914 4 is no deal in his economy. Now don't kill me guys but before the collapse it may have been, but all things are down and these things are no exception as most of us sellers and buyers are painfully aware. While I am not here to trash the market ( more like bemoan another loss of value to my own "assets" ), I think we all need to put our realistic hats back on !
Look at the six market....we are no longer up there and this isn't the lovable Bruce A speaking. The thing that kills this car is the horrible chrome strip down the side....unless it is only on with adhesive. Otherwise you have a major paint experience on your hands.
Hey ask Bob (Naro914) he has gorgeous low miles orig car and it would have sold in a heart beat before the great fall......some day we may come back but just aint happening right now. Don't kill the messenger ....Please !
TOT
+Quote Post
siverson
post Oct 18 2009, 10:24 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 654
Region Association: Southern California

well everyone can have their opinion, but, to me, this seems like a pretty nice car and a good price (yes, even in the current market).

-Steve
+Quote Post
wbergtho
post Nov 7 2009, 06:27 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 623

With all due respect to this car and Clay, as I know he is a good judge of quality, a $10K 914 4 is no deal in his economy. Now don't kill me guys but before the collapse it may have been, but all things are down and these things are no exception as most of us sellers and buyers are painfully aware. While I am not here to trash the market ( more like bemoan another loss of value to my own "assets" ), I think we all need to put our realistic hats back on !
Look at the six market....we are no longer up there and this isn't the lovable Bruce A speaking. The thing that kills this car is the horrible chrome strip down the side....unless it is only on with adhesive. Otherwise you have a major paint experience on your hands.
Hey ask Bob (Naro914) he has gorgeous low miles orig car and it would have sold in a heart beat before the great fall......some day we may come back but just aint happening right now. Don't kill the messenger ....Please !
TOT

I agree 100%! You didn't mention how ugly the rear spoiler is like everyone else. I'm not bashing this car BTW. It is obviously very clean & rust free. However a few things are glaringly wrong and will no doubt knock this car down closer to $8-8500. But when you consider how many goofed up stupid people have had their way with this car for the past 35 years...there will no doubt be a few "improvements" to the original design. I don't mind tasteful improvements...but body molding down the middle of the car and a putrid spoiler brings down the "zestyness" of this car. That said...it's still a great rustfree survivor...and after a short period of "correcting" things...it will be an awesome car![quote]
+Quote Post
WoodOne337
post Nov 29 2009, 06:08 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 8,184

Clay, Is this car still available? I am thinking about stopping by Zims and taking a look at it. Any idea if the A/C works?

Does anyone have any estimates on the cost to repair the issues that were brought up? Rear spoiler and body moldings will probably require at least a partial spray. Any idea how much a good body shop will charge for this? How about the clutch tube problem. I am not sure what that is, but how much would it be to fix? Opinions welcome.
+Quote Post
david63
post Dec 23 2009, 11:24 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 10,653
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Stopped by and looked at the car yesterday. I liked it enough that I made and offer and it is mine. I think I got it at a fair value. Did not pay asking price, closer to some of the suggested $$ from this post. It is a very nice car. The spoiler and side moldings have to go immediately (will need paint work, I hope not too much as the paint is really nice), and the clutch tube (maybe a clutch as well) will need to be worked on. Brakes are great and the transmission is good (a little grind if you try to shift to first while the car is moving (most of my 914's did that if I remember correctly)

The only possible rust I saw was in the hellhole. Not bad and not into the suspension console. The rest of the car is really good. The interior is fantastic, most of the rubber is soft, the vinyl is hard on the seats (going on 36 years of age - what do I expect)?

I have converted one car to a rotary compressor for the AC and plan to do that on this car. Suspect hoses, etc will need to be replaced as well. Will need to replace the fuel lines, move the pump to the front of the car and I am sure there will be lots of other opportunities as I get the car sorted out. It has not been driven much in the last several years.

I look forward to becoming an active member here. Don't laugh but I am planning on visiting with Eric Shea on the rear 5 lug conversion and I have a few questions on the front end. On a previous car I had I replaced the entire front end with a Carrera front end. I think I could just replace the struts with Carrera units and do the ball jts and turbo tie rods while I am at it to get the 5 lug front? I would still have the 914 A arms and torsion bars? Planning on keeping the body stock using 6"x16" Fuchs. Down the road a conversion to a 3.2 is part of the plan. Stay tuned and thanks for letting me ramble.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Dec 23 2009, 12:19 PM
Post #15

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Congratulations - Nice to see that someone will return this car to the factory look re the molding and spoiler/ 5 lug conversion is a good improvement with Fuchs too.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 08:44 PM