Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> interior removal/replace, Haynes manual no help.. dumb questions
tat2dphreak
post Mar 15 2004, 10:09 AM
Post #1

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

ok, the dash on my old car is 10X better than the new one... I'm about to sell the old car, but am going to remove a couple of these interior items first...

first the dash... the soft part (pass. side, near windshied) is what I really need to replace... but I can't figure out how to get this part(or the hard part) off... I removed the lower dash(knee pad) thinking that it would give access.. but it did not help... also, I saw there are 2 holes: one at either end, concealed by the door when closed... are there supposed to be screws in these? if so, what kind? they appear to be completely empty...

the other piece I am having trouble with is the passenger seat... the driver's seat came out just like Haynes said it would... the Passenger seat will slide all the way forward, but not pop out... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

last part, removing the back pad... I have removed all of the screws and the engine release knob... but the plastic piece behind the knob seems to have become a permanant part of both the backpad and the cable... it won't budge.... what's the secret to getting this off?

a pic showing the dash part I need to get to:

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
tat2dphreak   interior removal/replace   Mar 15 2004, 10:09 AM
Bleyseng   "last part, removing the back pad... I have remove...   Mar 15 2004, 10:28 AM
James Adams   You should have come to Zim's! I had a da...   Mar 15 2004, 10:33 AM
tat2dphreak   James, I wanted to... but we had company at the la...   Mar 15 2004, 10:39 AM
Joe.D   I'll answer what I know, and leave the rest fo...   Mar 15 2004, 10:39 AM
tat2dphreak     Mar 15 2004, 10:46 AM
Joe.D   Its just a flat piece of "leather" (probably vinyl...   Mar 15 2004, 11:29 AM
Jeffs9146   I have removed and replaced the dash before and it...   Mar 15 2004, 11:30 AM
tod914   Back bolster ... before u take it out, you will...   Mar 15 2004, 12:44 PM
tat2dphreak     Mar 15 2004, 01:43 PM
James Adams  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 10:12 AM