Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SoCal Halloween Run, 2nd Annual - 11/8/09
scotty b
post Nov 8 2009, 05:29 PM
Post #81

rust free you say ?

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

U poop yer pants ?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) Can't blame ya if you did. Glad you are o.k. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MDG
post Nov 8 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #82

Wolf in wolf's clothing.

Member No.: 10,018

I'd go back in a big truck, grab that rock, bring it home and put it on my front lawn! If it wasn't there . . .

Sorry about your car; glad you walked away!
+Quote Post
Heeltoe914
post Nov 8 2009, 05:55 PM
Post #83

Member No.: 5,506

Rob, Oh Rob you’re my bro. But Dammmmmmm,
I truly hope we all take something from this its a fun run not a race. I stopped motorcycle ridding with clubs because every weekend out we where getting guys that just pushed way too much and had to be helicopter out. Rob you are one lucky guy and I am truly happy that you walked away. I can care less about the car. Take the parts and start again.
Yes I drive fast very fast but dirt on the roads and water runoffs are all apart of mountain driving. I know Rob you have been driving 914s for over 20 years so I am sure this was just freak luck. If I where you I would have toke a chunk of that rock home and next time I went to Vagas placed it on the table.
+Quote Post
d7n7master
post Nov 8 2009, 05:58 PM
Post #84

Gary#

Member No.: 421

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Glad your ok Thomas!! I'd never seen a 914 rock crawler before. Is that a rx-7 oil cooler i see? I call 1st dibs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Nov 8 2009, 06:58 PM
Post #85

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Nov 8 2009, 07:30 PM
Post #86

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696

QUOTE(d7n7master @ Nov 8 2009, 03:58 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Glad your ok Thomas!! I'd never seen a 914 rock crawler before. Is that a rx-7 oil cooler i see? I call 1st dibs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

The cooler took the hit and survived. Didn't leak a drop. Now gasoline was a different story. Tweaked the chassis, but didn't screw up the rest of the suspension except for the aluminum crossbar.

Rob is one lucky SOB and we are glad that he was so lucky. The trip down the other side would have resulted in some really bad stuff.

And Rob, I have the aluminum crossbar when you need one in one piece.

I was #13 and got blamed for it all!
+Quote Post
euro911
post Nov 8 2009, 07:44 PM
Post #87

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) FUCH! ... Glad to hear no one got hurt (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

... and if you need more than just a front cross-member, I've got a nice straight '72 5-lug roller here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
JoeSharp
post Nov 8 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #88

In Irvine, Ca. May 15-18

Member No.: 898
Region Association: South East States

Did the car get home?
+Quote Post
chucks6
post Nov 8 2009, 07:49 PM
Post #89

Member No.: 10,381

look at the top of the pic to see the car on the rockAttached Image
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Nov 8 2009, 07:59 PM
Post #90

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

Holy Shit!!!
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Nov 8 2009, 08:13 PM
Post #91

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696

That image doesn't show the steepness of the drop to the canyon floor. If it weren't for the rock ............ well, I need say no more.
+Quote Post
BMXerror
post Nov 8 2009, 10:24 PM
Post #92

Member No.: 5,842

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 8 2009, 05:59 PM) *

Holy Shit!!!

lol... That was my exact reaction when I saw that pic.... Alone in my room, I said to myself.... ^Well, see above text^.
I'm saving these pics. Sorry Rob. I know you don't wanna be famous, but you are now. A small price to pay, if you ask me. Glad you're okay.
Mark D.
"Better to go in slow and come out fast than to go in fast and come out dead."
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Nov 9 2009, 12:00 AM
Post #93

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489

Ya know I got to thinking about this and the way that the rotary was positioned in the car....interesting set up. I wonder if the weight distrubution had anything to do with the car pushing in those hard corners? Maybe another thread.

+Quote Post
SECHSER
post Nov 9 2009, 12:51 AM
Post #94

Member No.: 5,669

QUOTE(914_teener @ Nov 8 2009, 10:00 PM) *

Ya know I got to thinking about this and the way that the rotary was positioned in the car....interesting set up. I wonder if the weight distrubution had anything to do with the car pushing in those hard corners? Maybe another thread.

hmm... that's an interesting point.. cuz i noticed how small that rotary engine was in comparison to the engine compartment. do you suppose the rotary engine is not just smaller but also lighter than the original type 4 engine, which might have caused the car to be front heavy, with all the additional weight of the radiator and the oil cooler..? cuz the way how he just went straight at that turn, was almost like an under steering behavior.. though there was no skid marks.

but as i looked into it a bit more. a mazda 13 b rotary engine and a vw type 4 engine weight about the same.. seem like give and take up to 40 lbs. difference.. so not sure how far off his car was as far as the weight distribution.
+Quote Post
oldschool
post Nov 9 2009, 01:59 AM
Post #95

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,705

QUOTE(Rotary'14 @ Nov 7 2009, 09:29 AM) *

Dude not only did I not get I ride from you ....(Hey Jaime,, do you want a ride for tomorrow's drive?) I would of (IMG:style_emoticons/default/post-2-1117899824.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/post-2-1117899824.gif)

-Robert

but that night before. I drove on the wrong side of a fwy about 200yrds before I realized about 1am (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif)

+Quote Post
Rotary'14
post Nov 9 2009, 07:10 AM
Post #96

Member No.: 3,977

QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Nov 8 2009, 05:45 PM) *

Did the car get home?

Yes the car is home,, and I am taking a day off (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
The fact that I almost orphaned my children is quite a sobering thought and needs some reflection.
The good news is that I am alive and parts can be bolted and unbolted.

-Rob (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Nov 9 2009, 09:10 AM
Post #97

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

QUOTE(Rotary'14 @ Nov 9 2009, 05:10 AM) *

QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Nov 8 2009, 05:45 PM) *

Did the car get home?

Yes the car is home,, and I am taking a day off (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
The fact that I almost orphaned my children is quite a sobering thought and needs some reflection.
The good news is that I am alive and parts can be bolted and unbolted.

-Rob (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

Yup! Hug those kids. With the kind of guys you have living around you, I would bet if you find a tub you could have parts swapped in a weekend. Take it in for an alignment and drive it home... LA Porsche Family Reunion @ Rotory Rob's House!!!

I doubt the push had anything at all to do with that motor. More likely tires and alignment. Big bar in the front? Tarret or Smart Racing?
+Quote Post
Toast
post Nov 9 2009, 10:02 AM
Post #98

Not bad for carrying sway bars.

Member No.: 1,580
Region Association: Southwest Region

Rob, Im glad you are ok. There was a reason that boulder was there. It was horrifying to wind that corner and see your 914. As one of the bicyclist said "Woah!" I'm very sorry about your 914. I know you just got it running. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Now that Rob is done being the center of attention.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Did anybody get pictures from Lunch? Could somebody post the name of the "Village" and the name of the place we had lunch at? It was a neat place. Wish I could say the same for the service. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I had a great time. Glad I drove down. It was Beautiful weather and so was the scenery. I rode with Slits for his first run in the "Grey Ghost". I tell you what, that guy sure knows how to build teeners! Very smooth and comfortable ride. Not noisy (or smokey) and lots of horsepower. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/toast.gif)

p.s.... If someone has a picture with me in it could you please post it so it will show that I was there. Thanks.
+Quote Post
TonyAKAVW
post Nov 9 2009, 01:04 PM
Post #99

That's my ride.

Member No.: 166

I drove part of that road a few weekends ago with Phantom914 and just the sight of the dropoff made me slow down a lot. The dropoff is just amazingly steep. I've never seen a road with such a steep dropoff as some of the roads up there.

-Tony
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Nov 9 2009, 02:24 PM
Post #100

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489

QUOTE(Toast @ Nov 9 2009, 08:02 AM) *

Rob, Im glad you are ok. There was a reason that boulder was there. It was horrifying to wind that corner and see your 914. As one of the bicyclist said "Woah!" I'm very sorry about your 914. I know you just got it running. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Now that Rob is done being the center of attention.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Did anybody get pictures from Lunch? Could somebody post the name of the "Village" and the name of the place we had lunch at? It was a neat place. Wish I could say the same for the service. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I had a great time. Glad I drove down. It was Beautiful weather and so was the scenery. I rode with Slits for his first run in the "Grey Ghost". I tell you what, that guy sure knows how to build teeners! Very smooth and comfortable ride. Not noisy (or smokey) and lots of horsepower. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/toast.gif)

p.s.... If someone has a picture with me in it could you please post it so it will show that I was there. Thanks.

Toast,

It was the town of Mt. Baldy. They call that paritcular section the "Village"

The place we ate at was the Mt. Baldy Lodge.

I thought I had a few pictures at lunch ....I'll post them if I do. It was amazing how fast Slits caught up with the group after being late. Must have been a fun ride.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 03:20 PM