Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I want my MFI back!, I hate these overgrown purfume atomizers!!!
tat2dphreak
post Nov 16 2009, 12:34 PM
Post #21

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

yep, and IIRC he was a new member that hasn't re-surfaced... imagine that... first impressions DO matter (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

some beetles also had a MFI, that would probably be easier to adapt to our 4s, but IIRC, THAT MFI was craptacular.

I think a good MFI setup could be really cool on our 4cyl engines... maybe easier to understand and tune than other EFI systems, but perhaps a little better performance and drivability than webers. problem is, other than the MFI for 6s, I don't know of a GOOD MFI.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Nov 16 2009, 06:28 PM
Post #22

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

I have the stock fuel filter console and filter for the MFI, but it won't work with carbs.

As for MFI on a 4, the only one out there is the MFI for the BMW 2002tii, and the pumps for those are even more expensive than the 911 pumps. It could be done, but it would be a killer.

It will be 1500.00 to get my pump rebuilt. Until then, I am stuck with the carbs.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

And Capt'n.... do you have an factory air filter assembly for the 2.2L Mag stack MFI setup that will fit under a 914 engine lid? I actually bought the K&N filters to use on the mag stacks because I couldn't get my factory air filter to fit under the engine lid.
The 2.4T plastic stacks and stock filter would fit, but just barely....
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Nov 16 2009, 07:57 PM
Post #23

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I have the stock fuel filter console and filter for the MFI, but it won't work with carbs.

Yes it will. You just need to plug some holes temporarily. Remove the following and plug the openings with an appropriate metric straight-thread plug and crush washer.

* Cold start solenoid on top of the fuel filter console.
* Return from the MFI pump (the banjo nearest the rear of the car).
* Return to the fuel tank. This is the center (straight) fitting on the console and regulates the pressure for the MFI system.

The supply from your pump goes to the banjo toward the front of the car. The filtered fuel to your carbs comes out the bottom of the filter canister.

Love Gus' work but you're overpaying by neary $1,000.00, especially for something as simple as this.
+Quote Post
brant
post Nov 16 2009, 10:03 PM
Post #24

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 15 2009, 06:31 PM) *

I rejetted them to the settings mentioned on the Early S registry for a 73 2.4S motor.

Main Jets #32
Venturis #135
Air Correction Jets #180
Idle Jets #60
Emulsion Tubes F3

Now I have to deal with all the carb crap.... like clogged idle jets, out of sync air bleed screws, UGH!!!

I think your problem with the cars would be the 135mm venturi's
you must have NO low end on that sucker...
do you use a seperate coffee can sized throat on each barrel?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 08:32 PM