Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Will a 901 trans hold up to a 3.2L engine
Bill Smith
post Nov 26 2009, 04:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,964

I recently had a transmission go out on my 914 after 3 years at a DE. My car has a stock 3.2 with a Euro chip and custom Exhaust. I lost 4th gear. Had the usual problem with getting into first. I was also running a Quaiffe Diff. When it happened, I only did one lap due to an unusual noise and then called it a weekend before I tore up the quaiffe. When I got it apart the only two problems were that 3 teeth were missing on one of the 4th gears and the double ball bearing was broken but I may have done this getting the trans apart. IN hind sight, I heel and toe very good but most times dont match rpm versus speed on down shifts which on the tracks we run at is usually 3rd not 4th.

I also have a friend driving the exact set up as I am driving that also has 3 years on his 3.2 with a 901 with no problems.

Several guys at the track said I was wasting my time and money on the 901 and that I should spend the $5000-7000 to go to a 915 or even better a G50.

What do you guys think - Am I wasting my time?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 12:18 PM