Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I need advice on buying a new car., How to haggle and get best price.
turboman808
post Dec 1 2009, 11:53 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,505
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(wayne1234 @ Dec 1 2009, 07:54 AM) *

I have bought and sold way too many cars to count. We currently have 12 things with wheels and titles, some vehicles, some trailers bikes etc... The best advise I have for you, as suggested before look used, They have really steep depreciation. If you want to shock yourself look on E-bay or cars.com at dealerships for a 2008 or a 2009. You will cry foul.. Alot of guys buy these things and never really drive them, so you will find many in showroom condition with low low miles. I know the new 2010 XKR has a updated body and interior. But be patient, there will be used ones in no time at all. I have had couple of jags. A S-type R and a older XkR coupe. They are really nice cars. A couple of things I didnt like is that they are heavy, and even with the supercharger, you still know they are heavy. but a very comfy and safe feeling, so with the heavy feeling the brakes never felt "sporty". The interior really felt outdated, for that type of car. If you are looking for a sport luxury have you checked out Maserati? They too have a deep depreciation, so some else takes the big $ hit brand new, And you don't see them hardly at all. Or even a used Lamborghini Gallardo is right in that $ ballpark.

Hey don't confuse me LOL

No I won't deciede anything right away. Trust me I am well aware of the Gallardo and also the V8 Vantage being in that price range. Also looking at vintage cars because I have to take the hit with the depreciation.

Now that you mention it I did get to drive a Gran Turismo this summer. I just looked on Ebay and they are very resonably priced. Dam at this rate I will never buy anything. HAHA
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 05:12 PM