Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Alternator upgrade
Ian Stott
post Dec 3 2009, 01:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,635
Region Association: Canada

I have been trying to contact Dave who does the alternator upgrades by using the PM feature, not doing well at contacting so am trying this more public approach. Dave if you are reading this I would like one of your upgraded alternators.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 21)
pbanders
post Jan 11 2010, 07:15 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 805

While you're upgrading your alt, you might also consider a mod I did. I added an additional 12 ga. ground from the alt body directly to the chassis near the relay board. Why? Because the ground path from the alt goes through the pivot bolt to the engine to the mount to the chassis. I measured a significant voltage drop at normal operating currents due to the resistance of this pathway. My mod reduced that drop to essentially zero.
+Quote Post
Ian Stott
post Jan 12 2010, 04:56 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 8,635
Region Association: Canada

Ok, this is a post worth watching, I want to get this straight so if my question seems dumb please forgive me . Is the alternator that is 90 amps an upgraded original 55 amp that fits perfectly in the space it came out of or is it a different component that needs to have engine tin modified and/or more??

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 08:12 AM