Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> i've had to pull my alt twice in the -6, so why am i smiling??
ein 6er
post Mar 19 2004, 07:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 300
Region Association: None

because the 2nd time i pulled it, i didn't have to remove the carbs and fan shroud!! what a pleasure that was!!

i didn't think it was possible to pull the alternator out, without pulling everything off!! thanks to krk and his very helpful thread and fotos which helped me tremendously the 1st time i pulled my alt.

from what i've learned through this process, is that the alt and fan on the 6cyl engines can seize in the housing and on the shaft over time and can be a bitch to get off. if you've never had yours out you will probably need to pull the carbs and the shroud to make it all easier. and also to have a good look under the shroud and clean everything up. remember to antiseize everything on reassembly

when i had to pull my alt for the 2nd time, (within a week) i reeeeeeeally didn't want to pull everything off again. i had to pull the fan out then turn the fan housing sideways and then pull the alt out. barely enough room to get it out. saved a lot of time!!

doug
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 09:52 PM