Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: Roadtripping the USA Here and Now!, Travel updates on the last pg..
rick 918-S
post Mar 29 2010, 03:32 PM
Post #81

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Just left the guys a voice mail message. Cool trip guys!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
A&PGirl
post Mar 29 2010, 06:16 PM
Post #82

Member No.: 5,367
Region Association: None

Going through Oklahoma, you'll want to drive up Mt. Scott during daylight.

Mt. Scott, OK

If you want to see small town Oklahoma, you can drive over to Mangum, OK from Mt. Scott or go to Mangum first then Mt. Scott.

Mangum, OK

There is not much in the way of gas stations in these parts, so you want to keep an eye on your gauge.

I STRONGLY recommend you stop and eat at the Ranchman's Cafe in Ponder, TX. All sorts of famous people have eaten their several times. The food is utterly delicious. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)

Ponder, TX

Address is: 110 W Bailey
PO Box 117
Ponder, Texas 76259
+Quote Post
SharonG
post Apr 1 2010, 07:32 PM
Post #83

Snow tire

Member No.: 3,920
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Did we miss the Colorado leg of your trip? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
pillay2k
post Apr 8 2010, 12:08 AM
Post #84

Member No.: 8,136
Region Association: England

Sorry for the patchy updates... we have been blasting along to beat the weather... and get more time at the beach!
We are now in New Orleans but off to Panama City Beach, FL in the morning.
We had a great time in Denver, we stayed at the Ramada and spent an interesting evening at the English pub down the road from the hotel...
We also stopped in Oklahoma City and Santa Fe in a slight change to our route.
We have also had a couple of minor problems along the way... Easter Sunday we managed to pull in for a quick lunch beak to find the main fuel line spraying fuel onto the intake at 3bar... we needed a change of pants realising what could have happened if the fuel had gone straight onto the exhaust instead... Anyways being easter sunday we struggled to find some injection hose so i managed to bridge the leak for the 90 mile jaunt to Houston and we got a new piece of hose the next day ($2 fix!)
nick then left the headlights on while we spent the day exploring the space centre... and yes battery took a beating but looks to be fine again now... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) Its all fun and Heidi is still motoring like a champ. She also loves Shell Optimax at 93 RON being the Euro sec which should run on 98RON!! Goes like a train now we have got some good miles under her belt and are running back at sea level. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) Power steering is still leaking like a good'n and we managed to break the bonnet release so a pair of pliers come in hands at every gas station... other than that with the seats and windows working properly she is almost better than when we got her... definatly more comfortable and thank god for amazing air-con!!
Lots of photos going onto my photobucket account (search people: pillay2k)
i will add some here soon as possible which will hopefully be in some kind of order! Internet is a bit slow at the moment.
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i285.photobucket.com-8136-1270706894.1.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i285.photobucket.com-8136-1270706896.2.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i285.photobucket.com-8136-1270706897.3.jpg)
+Quote Post
76-914
post Apr 8 2010, 02:28 PM
Post #85

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Mar 29 2010, 05:16 PM) *

Going through Oklahoma, you'll want to drive up Mt. Scott during daylight.

Mt. Scott, OK

If you want to see small town Oklahoma, you can drive over to Mangum, OK from Mt. Scott or go to Mangum first then Mt. Scott.

Mangum, OK

There is not much in the way of gas stations in these parts, so you want to keep an eye on your gauge.

I STRONGLY recommend you stop and eat at the Ranchman's Cafe in Ponder, TX. All sorts of famous people have eaten their several times. The food is utterly delicious. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)

Ponder, TX

Address is: 110 W Bailey
PO Box 117
Ponder, Texas 76259

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) Oddly enough, a great number of their patrons are coming from the small community of Stoney, about 10 km NW! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 11:21 AM