Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Head vent question
Cevan
post Dec 25 2009, 07:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,351

As I'm boxing my heads up to send out to Len for a rebuild, I pulled the vent tubes for each head. They came out real easy and I got me thinking that they may be a source of future oil leaks. The hole seem the perfect diameter for my 1/4 NPT tap. I'm thinking of tapping them and threading in some brass vents with thread sealant. Does this sound reasonable?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Dec 25 2009, 09:33 PM
Post #2

I am Tangerine Racing

Group: Members
Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

Heads we have worked on from Raby's Aircooled Technology were tapped with 1/4" NPT.
Fittings with 1/4"NPT x 1/2" hose barb are hard to find but we have some from McMaster.
Its a pretty tight fit in that area of the engine, with the intake manifold right next to the vent.
I personally like a 1/2" smooth tube, JB welded into the head. For this reason, and since a lot of heads have no vent from the factory, I recently started including a length of 1/2" aluminum tube with our Breather Can Kits.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 01:58 PM