Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tranny ? for the mentally hurting, Thanks Dr Evil..got the ORing!
bandjoey
post Dec 31 2009, 07:58 PM
Post #1

bandjoey

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

Changed out the speedo drive today on the tranny and changed the fluid for the first time since I got this car. Fluid was brown chocolate but still runny. The lower plug magnet had a nice dome of goo but just a couple of tiny specks of metal showing. Added the super de duper Swepco blue tranny oil.

?1. Is there a tranny flush for old trannys or when should I change the fluid again?
?2. Added per Haynes, 2.6 quarts of fluid...that's 2qts and 19 ozs I think
?3. See the pix. Torqued to 17lbs. Fill plug is almost flush. Drain plug sticks out a few threads. Is this OK?
?4. The speedo cable has a slot I can put 2 quarters into but the drive is nice and small. Has the cable end expanded out of form or are all ends this way?
Thanks and Happy New Year!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
detoxcowboy
post Jan 1 2010, 09:44 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,642
Region Association: Africa

The tranny drain plug sticks out, don't try to make it flush. Add fluid (the car level) up to till the fill plug, yese your correct 2.whatever..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 09:24 PM