Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Registration Fee, What to include...
ConeDodger
post Feb 6 2010, 12:01 PM
Post #1

Apex killer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

I thought we should start a new thread to get together a list of things to include and cover under the registration fee.

We already talked about name tags. Yopu is sure she can do $8.00/tag as long as they are in one color and hand delivered to the event, not mailed.

Mark has mentioned a couple meals. One would probably be the "banquet" event.

Awards of some kind?

Do we sell t-shirts or include one passing the cost on through the registration fee?

Other ideas?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
McMark
post Feb 6 2010, 12:09 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

LOL I was just starting a thread when I saw yours pop up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

My thoughts...
1. Shirts will be offered as pre-sale and are not included.
2. I don't think we need 'goodie bags'. They're usually just filled with a pile of crap that gets thrown away. So not GREEN. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
3. We should have awards of some sort. I still have my list from WCR2007.
4. I think a parking lot BBQ would be a great thing and probably best on Friday night since thursday is 'optional'.
5. Sit down dinner on Saturday night for presenting awards, raffling prizes and thanking everyone would be good.

We'll need to nail down the BBQ and the Dinner before we have any idea of what to collect. Oh, and previously people have collected extra and donated it to charity.

What am I missing?
+Quote Post
RoadGlue
post Feb 6 2010, 01:26 PM
Post #3

Sonoma County Gear Head

Group: Admin
Member No.: 108

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 6 2010, 10:01 AM) *

I thought we should start a new thread to get together a list of things to include and cover under the registration fee.

We already talked about name tags. Yopu is sure she can do $8.00/tag as long as they are in one color and hand delivered to the event, not mailed.

Jim Hoyland had some other thoughts about the event and tags that I thought I should pass on:

I have two suggestions for WCR:

1. Try to get maximum commitment from local 914 owners. Every WCR I've been to has more out of town 914 than locals. One reason, might be locals only may want to participate one day, say for a run; the out of town group commits to a vacation. Even the last one in Irvine--where I live-- had minimal local turnout.

2. Name tags; be sure tags are made up for guests and children. It will make them all feel part of the event as well as promote cordiality.

+++++++++++++++++

Warning - a lot of brainstorming and mindless rambling on my part to follow:

Okay, well he has a point about local turn out in regards the Irvine event. I thought we had great local turn out at the last WCR. Tahoe is a unique venue being that it's really not local to anything other than Reno, and there just aren't that many 914 peeps up there. Rob, I assume you'll be pushing the event at your reunions too.

In the end it's quality over quantity, right? I know that the events and drives I've hosted and organized in the past would hit mission critical around 25 - 30 cars. Ug, we even had 40+ 914s show up to one event. We started at Rich's HPH, went up into the hills and drove skyline down to Santa Cruz for lunch. That was INSANE. There were at least two accidents (Jen was one of them!) and the group was so long that it was impossible to keep everyone together.

Lessons learned. We just need to have multiple leaders on the drives. Even just a leader at the front, someone who knows the route in the middle, and then someone willing to cover the rear.

I think Jim has a point about making name tags for each participant and their guests. How do we want to handle that? Could it be a line item on the registration form? One nice tag included, $8 for each additional?
+Quote Post
RoadGlue
post Feb 6 2010, 01:31 PM
Post #4

Sonoma County Gear Head

Group: Admin
Member No.: 108

QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 6 2010, 10:09 AM) *

LOL I was just starting a thread when I saw yours pop up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

My thoughts...
1. Shirts will be offered as pre-sale and are not included.
2. I don't think we need 'goodie bags'. They're usually just filled with a pile of crap that gets thrown away. So not GREEN. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
3. We should have awards of some sort. I still have my list from WCR2007.
4. I think a parking lot BBQ would be a great thing and probably best on Friday night since thursday is 'optional'.
5. Sit down dinner on Saturday night for presenting awards, raffling prizes and thanking everyone would be good.

We'll need to nail down the BBQ and the Dinner before we have any idea of what to collect. Oh, and previously people have collected extra and donated it to charity.

What am I missing?

I like it!
+Quote Post
biosurfer1
post Feb 6 2010, 05:23 PM
Post #5

Teener fo Life!

Member No.: 977

Randy,

What are the thoughts for events on Friday and Saturday since we are not having an autocross? I know there is plenty of things t do, but it would be nice to have an official event each day.

One thing we could consider to remedy the problem of too many people on the fun runs is to have two and split the group. On Friday one group could go on a drive while the other takes a different route and the next day the routes would be switched?
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Feb 6 2010, 06:01 PM
Post #6

Apex killer!

I like the multiple group leaders idea. One to lead, one to follow. Roads up there can be treacherous and we are at altitude so keeping things within a sane parameter would be a good idea. These are after all, air cooled and the air is pretty thin.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Feb 6 2010, 06:03 PM
Post #7

Apex killer!

QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 6 2010, 10:09 AM) *

I'm telling you Mark, that Mac is slowing you down dog! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:46 AM