Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: Porsche 914 2.0L motor, nice relatively stock 2.0L motor
Gunther
post Feb 12 2010, 11:37 AM
Post #1

Racer from birth

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,429
Region Association: South East States

For Sale - Porsche 914 2.0L motor; (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
This is a nice relatively stock 2.0L motor.
This motor has less than 5000 miles on it since I built it at Black Forest Racing. This was my personal street/autocross motor that I built while I was working on the chassis and saving up for the 6 cylinder motor which is now in the car. It was mostly used to drive to car shows and autocrosses. It has always started and does not leak. This is a Plug and Play set up. In about 4 hours (theoretically) you could be driving down the road.

I started out with a nice EA 1.7 case. It did not need line boring so it was good to go.
The 2.0L crank was magnafluxed, polished and balanced. Naturally, new bearings all the way around.
Connecting rods were all weighed with a triple beam scale within less than a half a gram. Brand New Mahle 2.0L European cylinders and higher compression Euro pistons, also weighed with a triple beam scale within less than a half a gram.
A slightly hotter than standard carbureted Webb Cam was used. I forgot to write down the specs or grind number, but you can feel her kick at about 3000rpm.
2.0L heads were slightly ported, after all this is a street motor.
A new Scat Deep Sump Oil pan is used to keep oil flowing at high corner speeds.
Bosch Coil, Bosch Distributor and spark plugs fire this puppy up.
Toped off with 2.0L sheet metal.
It also comes with a Custom 10 ½ pound Fly Wheel that I turned down myself. You just can’t buy this any where. Stock fly wheels are normally 16 to18 pounds.
It comes with a custom oil breather, oil breather lines and a Bug Pack breather tank. Motor mounts were bought new and comes with mounting bar and the nuts and bolts. Oops almost forgot the alternator.

I was running the Engine with Weber 44IDF’s. They are great for autocross or high speed/high rpm driving. They were rebuilt about 1500 miles ago.

Weber 40IDF’s would be better for regular street driving because it has better bottom end torque.

GEX International offers this motor for $4899.00, but it does not come with the lightened fly wheel, motor mounts and bar, deep sump oil pan or the breather system.
I know that I spent as much money and time as they do on my engine as well.

I am offering this engine for sale with the Weber’s for $3750.00

Or $3250.00 without carbs.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Feb 16 2010, 02:02 AM
Post #2

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354
Region Association: None

How would this motor do with stock D-jet injection?
+Quote Post
Gunther
post Feb 16 2010, 07:48 AM
Post #3

Racer from birth

Member No.: 10,429

It would work, but its not optimal. To get the best performance you would need to change back to a fuel injected cam. That would be the only modification you would need to do, to work with that system.
Weber 40s are the best way to go with this setup as is. It was realy peppy and strong with them. I liked it better than the 44s. It had better bottom end torque and worked well from 2000 to 5000rpm. The 44s worked better from 3000 to 6000rpm.
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Snave007
post Jun 4 2014, 05:27 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 17,437
Region Association: None

Is the motor still available and if so may I have a phone number to speak wit you or call me at 210-422-4285.
+Quote Post
Jeff1gil
post Jun 14 2014, 05:46 AM
Post #5

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 17,485

Is this motor still available? Would you have access to a suitable transmission that would work with it, or know where I could get one?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 02:53 PM