Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Brake warning light, Tried to reset, but is still on
mpoffers
post Feb 20 2010, 07:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,551
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

My brake warning light is on. I rebuilt the front calipers to fix leaks, then flushed and bled the system. I have good brake pedal and the car stops just fine. The brake warning light is still on.

I looked for the reset on the warning switch, but could not find one. Instead I pulled the switch from the master cyclinder expecting to find something to reset in there. The switch is just a plastic plunger. the connection is closed when the plunger is fully extended, open when the plunger is depressed. I pushed it, tested it, and then reinstalled. I still have a brake warning light.

Should the plunger remain depressed when I push it? Is there something wrong with my master cylinder? Is there something else I need to do on the master cylinder to reset this? How is the warning switch supposed to work?

Thanks,

Mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 07:09 PM