Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> My not so great experience with AA, Am I being unreasonable?
steveherman
post Feb 22 2010, 08:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,799
Region Association: South East States

So I called in and placed an order.
Both the lady I talked to and I got on the website and agreed on the part I needed.
She said she had a 914 at home in the garage and said she knew which part I was talking about.
It is the little plastic spacer/washer/shakeproof washer that goes on both ends of the rocker panel.
I ordered 6 of them at $1.05 a piece.
I got them and they were the wrong parts.
I got a lock washer i can get at ACE for a nickel.
So I called and talked to Brad.
He apologized and said that he would get these out at no additional cost to me.
So today I noticed that there was an ADDITIONAL UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE FOR $17 on my card.
I called and talked to Brad and he made it out to be all my fault.
The price of the one he claims to be correct were $2.50 a piece.
He said I was billed the difference.
Well according to my math 6 @ $2.50 is 15.
That is what I was charged. + $2 shipping that is $17.

Shouldn't I (at the very least) get my $6.30 back from the first order?
Shouldn't I have been given the chance to deny or AUTHORIZE AN ADDITIONAL $17 charge to my card?

What shoould I do?
Am I wrong?
I just dont like that they charged the additional $17 without talking to me about it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jcd914
post Feb 22 2010, 08:15 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,684
Region Association: Northern California

Wait until you get the parts and if they are correct then call your credit card company and tell them you did not authorize the new charge.
You will be telling the truth and the ball is then in your court.

Jim

+Quote Post
jonferns
post Feb 22 2010, 08:18 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,631
Region Association: North East States

1) If you didn't authorize the charge then AA is in the wrong.

2) Are you talking about the rubber/hard plastic spacer? You can get those in the plumbing section of your local hardware store (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Feb 22 2010, 08:23 PM
Post #4

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Knowing how accesible George Hussey (owner Auto Atlanta) is on this board, In my opinion, you should talk to him before putting it out to the site. Everyone deserves the chance to make things right before making it public.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
JF914
post Feb 22 2010, 08:31 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 10,786
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 22 2010, 07:23 PM) *

Knowing how accesible George Hussey (owner Auto Atlanta) is on this board, In my opinion, you should talk to him before putting it out to the site. Everyone deserves the chance to make things right before making it public.

I agree 100%. My purchase of rear springs/shocks and two Vitaloni mirrors had the potential for a similar issue, but AA handled very professionally and in timely fashion.

Shocks. Received one correct one, and one not so. Brad handled, and shipped me a new one, with a return address label.

Mirror. One was missing a mounting piece. They shipped me a new one.

Invoices:
Yes, I was charged for each of the new re-ships (product and shipping). Once the bad parts were returned, I called Brad again, and they reversed the c/c charge and second shipping charges.

All is AOK.

I am guessing that there are alot more positive experiences with AA than isolated issues like the above based on my experience.

John
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Feb 22 2010, 09:01 PM
Post #6

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

I am upset too. Most of what George knows about 914's he is not telling us. Come on George! Dish it out. I know that you know more than the 5 or 6 pamphlets you have written. Give it up George!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Seriously, Just ask for George when you call. He will handle it. No need to pull anyone's pants down publically...
+Quote Post
carr914
post Feb 22 2010, 09:27 PM
Post #7

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623

I see 3 areas you screwed up on.

1st, you obviously didn't know the part # - that is what their catalog ( paper or internet) is for.

2nd, Why didn't you call and place the original order with George?
If not George, why not Steve Gaglione (smg914), who works for George.

3rd, Upon the screw up, why didn't you call George then, instead of some flunkie.

Also I would take this up with George, instead of picking a fight on a Forum.

T.C.
+Quote Post
BMXerror
post Feb 22 2010, 09:37 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 5,842

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 22 2010, 06:23 PM) *

I would normally agree, but how many times has this kinda thing come up with AA, and how many times has George had to fix something when his company screws it up? I see these threads all too often, and it always ends in 'George made it right'. Personally, I think he likes to be the hero that swoops in to save the day. But if his business were on the ball, he wouldn't have to. A good supplier is as invisible as possible, NOT one that is very accomplished at fixing it's own mistakes.
My $.02. You can all start flaming me now.
Mark D.
+Quote Post
whatabout1
post Feb 22 2010, 09:39 PM
Post #9

Toys in Red

Member No.: 5,676
Region Association: None

Get George involved. AA has screwed up with allot of folks here.

Come on it's $20 bucks, AA should send the right stuff and refund !!
+Quote Post
detoxcowboy
post Feb 22 2010, 09:55 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 8,642
Region Association: Africa

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/KMA.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Leading with the chin, what sucks even worse is slamming someone publicy then 6 months down the road have to "kiss their ass for a favor" (give them your busisnes again) cause now you need them!.. AA
+Quote Post
orange914
post Feb 22 2010, 10:00 PM
Post #11

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Member No.: 3,818

QUOTE(BMXerror @ Feb 22 2010, 07:37 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 22 2010, 06:23 PM) *

I would normally agree, but how many times has this kinda thing come up with AA, and how many times has George had to fix something when his company screws it up? I see these threads all too often, and it always ends in 'George made it right'. Mark D.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) with george being an increadable resource to the community. i can't and won't say bad about my few experiances with him directly. the help on the otherhand makes for about every increasingly common complaint i've read here. unfortunately it has frustrated me to the point of buying elsewhere at times.

just my .02c, hope george sorts it out or his help may just kill off any of his positive contributions
+Quote Post
biosurfer1
post Feb 22 2010, 10:04 PM
Post #12

Teener fo Life!

Member No.: 977

QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 22 2010, 07:27 PM) *

1st, you obviously didn't know the part # - that is what their catalog ( paper or internet) is for.

3rd, Upon the screw up, why didn't you call George then, instead of some flunkie.

T.C.

I disagree with you here T.C.

First, I, probably like the OP, would think calling by a company owned by the "king" of 914's and talking two employees saying they know the part exactly would be the whole point of calling a specialty store...to get the part I want.

Second, the OP only has a few posts and been a member since late last year. Maybe he didnt know of George? I guess he could have called the store and asked for the owner but after talking to two employees and having the order screwed up and being overcharged, why would he think the owner is anymore competent with employees like that. He could have searched and come up with thread after thread of typical AA crap but I doubt that would help.

I don't order from AA and this is why. I chuckle when people say "you never hear the people who had a good experience" and while thats probably true, I just wonder it only seems to be AA over and over and over and over again...maybe HPH and Pelican are better at making sure it doesn't happen in the first place
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post Feb 22 2010, 10:07 PM
Post #13

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

can we get vendor bashing it's own forum or something? or make it "political" so it goes away?

btw I quit having sympathy when AA screws up something, there's been too many threads saying "AA screwed this up" for you to not know they they have a tendency to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif)
+Quote Post
BigD9146gt
post Feb 22 2010, 10:08 PM
Post #14

OCD member

Member No.: 3,502
Region Association: Australia and New Zealand

QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Feb 22 2010, 07:55 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/KMA.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Leading with the chin, what sucks even worse is slamming someone publicy then 6 months down the road have to "kiss their ass for a favor" (give them your busisnes again) cause now you need them!.. AA

Interesting thought... but I love playing devils advocate. One would initially think that its a small world, I agree AA has many parts that one day "publicly bashing person" would need something from them to finish a project. Regardless of which company is being posted (leave out names next time dude) he is trying to ask the community if he is out of his mind, or should in-fact try another suggested way of dealing with the company.

But thinking outside the box, there are more than one person in this small world, and "publicly bashing person" could get a non-public bashing friend to purchase parts from said company and pay them back, which would keep said person from "kissing ass" as you say. Thus defeating your logic of chin leading, and more like big balls leading. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)

Hi George! one day I might make tanks again... you interested when this economy gets back on track?
+Quote Post
johnnie5
post Feb 22 2010, 10:14 PM
Post #15

914 lover

Member No.: 9,644
Region Association: Southern California

Well, the way I see it is this (personal feelings aside).... If more than a few people see it fit to complain here about a certain vendor, then there must be something not so right.

+Quote Post
76-914
post Feb 22 2010, 10:27 PM
Post #16

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

George is a businessman and we need him. Other than his advertising, he doesn't solicit our business. We call him. He offers a product we need and want. And if we want his product we buy from him. I don't mind the fact that he or anyone else makes a profit. They botched an order of mine also but one call later it was handled and I was happy with how it was handled. George has been in business a long time. That is usually a pretty good indicator that a company isn't screwing it's customers. (excluding massage parlors) Just call him.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
JRust
post Feb 22 2010, 10:29 PM
Post #17

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I know this! This is the last negative thread about AA I will open, Read or Post on. I'm sick of them & while some are justified. How about we just deal with it personally & not in a public forum. I agree there are times to share bad experiences. Especially to save a fellow teener from having the same experience. Having said all that. Do we really need a thread complaining about a $25 order (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) . How about instead of pushing these threads with to many replies. You just share your experience with a PM (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) . Anyway I'm glad to be done with these. If anyone see's me posting on another AA bash. Please feel free to slap me through a PM (IMG:style_emoticons/default/splat.gif)
+Quote Post
steveherman
post Feb 22 2010, 10:32 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 10,799

QUOTE(Jon Fernandes @ Feb 22 2010, 09:18 PM) *

2) Are you talking about the rubber/hard plastic spacer? You can get those in the plumbing section of your local hardware store (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

yes. i looked at Home Depot. Lowes. And Ace Hardware.
No luck so I called AA.

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 22 2010, 10:01 PM) *

Seriously, Just ask for George when you call. He will handle it. No need to pull anyone's pants down publically...

this is not meant to be a bashing.
I am asking if i was OVERREACTING.

QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 22 2010, 10:27 PM) *

T.C.

1st. You are correct. That is why I called so we could talk our way thru it.
Who is Steve Gaglione?

2nd. If I need a $1 part I am to call George?
He will get sick of me pretty quick.
That is why he hires the "flunkies"

3rd. See #2

Finally I am definately NOT PICKING A FIGHT.
I will still shop there. Trying to see if I am overacting.

QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Feb 22 2010, 11:04 PM) *

I disagree with you here T.C.

First, I, probably like the OP, would think calling by a company owned by the "king" of 914's and talking two employees saying they know the part exactly would be the whole point of calling a specialty store...to get the part I want.

Second, the OP only has a few posts and been a member since late last year. Maybe he didnt know of George? I guess he could have called the store and asked for the owner but after talking to two employees and having the order screwed up and being overcharged, why would he think the owner is anymore competent with employees like that. He could have searched and come up with thread after thread of typical AA crap but I doubt that would help.

I don't order from AA and this is why. I chuckle when people say "you never hear the people who had a good experience" and while thats probably true, I just wonder it only seems to be AA over and over and over and over again...maybe HPH and Pelican are better at making sure it doesn't happen in the first place

First exactly.

Second I do know of George. Just didnt feel like he would appreciate having to deal with what should be a $6 transaction
I have no prob with George. We have talked two or three times.

+Quote Post
6freak
post Feb 22 2010, 10:55 PM
Post #19

MR.C

Member No.: 8,829
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 22 2010, 08:29 PM) *

I know this! This is the last negative thread about AA I will open, Read or Post on. I'm sick of them & while some are justified. How about we just deal with it personally & not in a public forum. I agree there are times to share bad experiences. Especially to save a fellow teener from having the same experience. Having said all that. Do we really need a thread complaining about a $25 order (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) . How about instead of pushing these threads with to many replies. You just share your experience with a PM (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) . Anyway I'm glad to be done with these. If anyone see's me posting on another AA bash. Please feel free to slap me through a PM (IMG:style_emoticons/default/splat.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Feb 22 2010, 11:14 PM
Post #20

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496
Region Association: None

Well I don't know of George. In fact I don't know the owner of any of the local auto parts retailers in my area. One should not have to ask for the owner of any business to get proper service. It sounds like AA needs to train their employees or get new ones.
I have not purchased from AA. If they had the part I need, I'm sure I would regardless of the vendor bashing.

A business is only as good as its employees. If they need training... Train them.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 12:56 PM