Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> My not so great experience with AA, Am I being unreasonable?
Lou W
post Feb 22 2010, 11:17 PM
Post #21

"Here Kitty Kitty" my ass......

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,039
Region Association: Spain

QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 22 2010, 09:27 PM) *

I see 3 areas you screwed up on.

1st, you obviously didn't know the part # - that is what their catalog ( paper or internet) is for.

2nd, Why didn't you call and place the original order with George?
If not George, why not Steve Gaglione (smg914), who works for George.

3rd, Upon the screw up, why didn't you call George then, instead of some flunkie.

Also I would take this up with George, instead of picking a fight on a Forum.

T.C.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Feb 23 2010, 02:11 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 9,867
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

If you have a problem with AA, putting it on the forum and than asking what you should do is not going to get the job done of you getting it straightened out with them. I have had only two problems with AA, the few times I have dealt with them. I was trying to order a couple parts online and I would put them in my cart; but it would show that I had over 30 items at a total of 400 dollars or so. I called them up and talked to Brad and he handled right than and there no problem or anything. My card was never charged at all. Call them and talk to them, or try emailing George. Talking about it on this forum is not going to make it all better and it won't help George to fix this issue out either. Take it took George not the forum.
+Quote Post
carr914
post Feb 23 2010, 06:32 AM
Post #23

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(steveherman @ Feb 22 2010, 11:32 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 22 2010, 10:01 PM) *

Seriously, Just ask for George when you call. He will handle it. No need to pull anyone's pants down publically...

this is not meant to be a bashing.
I am asking if i was OVERREACTING.

QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 22 2010, 10:27 PM) *

1st, you obviously didn't know the part # - that is what their catalog ( paper or internet) is for.

3rd, Upon the screw up, why didn't you call George then, instead of some flunkie.

T.C.

1st. You are correct. That is why I called so we could talk our way thru it.
Who is Steve Gaglione?

2nd. If I need a $1 part I am to call George?
He will get sick of me pretty quick.
That is why he hires the "flunkies"

3rd. See #2

Finally I am definately NOT PICKING A FIGHT.
I will still shop there. Trying to see if I am overacting.

QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Feb 22 2010, 11:04 PM) *

I disagree with you here T.C.

First, I, probably like the OP, would think calling by a company owned by the "king" of 914's and talking two employees saying they know the part exactly would be the whole point of calling a specialty store...to get the part I want.

Second, the OP only has a few posts and been a member since late last year. Maybe he didnt know of George? I guess he could have called the store and asked for the owner but after talking to two employees and having the order screwed up and being overcharged, why would he think the owner is anymore competent with employees like that. He could have searched and come up with thread after thread of typical AA crap but I doubt that would help.

I don't order from AA and this is why. I chuckle when people say "you never hear the people who had a good experience" and while thats probably true, I just wonder it only seems to be AA over and over and over and over again...maybe HPH and Pelican are better at making sure it doesn't happen in the first place

First exactly.

Second I do know of George. Just didnt feel like he would appreciate having to deal with what should be a $6 transaction
I have no prob with George. We have talked two or three times.

1st of all, I used to be one of the biggest Bashers of George & AA - Life is just too damn short. Now George and I get along fine.

SteveHerman, maybe you didn't overreact, except to put AA in your original post.

Steve Gaglione (smg914) is a TWO time winner of our Car of the Month contest and George put his ugly mug all over the newest paper catalog announcing that Steve works for him. Between Steve & George, they have forgotten more about 914s than most of us will ever know. Plus he lives in Tampa, has a Great wife and I have know him since the 70's.

Also George advertises here and is on the Forum alot. If you were to talk to him about $6 worth of parts or $15 worth, you might pick up some info you need or find that you also need xwz part to go along with your order. You are not going to get that with a "flunkie".

T.C.

+Quote Post
mepstein
post Feb 23 2010, 06:44 AM
Post #24

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Jon Fernandes @ Feb 22 2010, 09:18 PM) *

2) Are you talking about the rubber/hard plastic spacer? You can get those in the plumbing section of your local hardware store (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

yes. i looked at Home Depot. Lowes. And Ace Hardware.
No luck so I called AA.

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 22 2010, 10:01 PM) *

Seriously, Just ask for George when you call. He will handle it. No need to pull anyone's pants down publically...

this is not meant to be a bashing.

QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 22 2010, 10:27 PM) *

T.C.

1st. You are correct. That is why I called so we could talk our way thru it.
Who is Steve Gaglione?

2nd. If I need a $1 part I am to call George?
He will get sick of me pretty quick.
That is why he hires the "flunkies"

3rd. See #2

Finally I am definately NOT PICKING A FIGHT.
I will still shop there. Trying to see if I am overacting.

QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Feb 22 2010, 11:04 PM) *

I disagree with you here T.C.

First, I, probably like the OP, would think calling by a company owned by the "king" of 914's and talking two employees saying they know the part exactly would be the whole point of calling a specialty store...to get the part I want.

Second, the OP only has a few posts and been a member since late last year. Maybe he didnt know of George? I guess he could have called the store and asked for the owner but after talking to two employees and having the order screwed up and being overcharged, why would he think the owner is anymore competent with employees like that. He could have searched and come up with thread after thread of typical AA crap but I doubt that would help.

I don't order from AA and this is why. I chuckle when people say "you never hear the people who had a good experience" and while thats probably true, I just wonder it only seems to be AA over and over and over and over again...maybe HPH and Pelican are better at making sure it doesn't happen in the first place

First exactly.

Second I do know of George. Just didnt feel like he would appreciate having to deal with what should be a $6 transaction
I have no prob with George. We have talked two or three times.

I suggested you talk to George first (or ask for the manager, owner, whoever runs the co.)for the same reason you would not want your employer, employees, coworkers, wife, husband, children, ect., complaining about you on the internet and using your name in the post. IMHO, Public forums should really be a last resort for private matters.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ME733
post Feb 23 2010, 08:23 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 9,209
Region Association: South East States

..........Well steve you asked the question in the beginning of your post "am I being unresonable"?.........Simply stated YES you are being unresonable....1) you didn"t want to bother george over a few dollars worth of parts...2) but you dont mind making your mistake into a posting to discredit george and AA.(thats real obvious).3) YOU KNEW you could find something at the hardware store , because you went there.(just to verify you got the wrong part you say).4) your posting is nonsense, over nothing.
+Quote Post
MDG
post Feb 23 2010, 08:26 AM
Post #26

Wolf in wolf's clothing.

Member No.: 10,018
Region Association: None

QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 22 2010, 11:29 PM) *

I know this! This is the last negative thread about AA I will open, Read or Post on. I'm sick of them & while some are justified. How about we just deal with it personally & not in a public forum.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

yes.
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Feb 23 2010, 08:34 AM
Post #27

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418

I hate to tell you but even I am getting sick of this crap.

Those are the factory repro spacers we make for the spoilers and valances long discontinued by Porsche and now made by us. That was a special size for a 6mm bolt and although they look like regular rubber washers they are not. They are the same ones we include in our spoiler and rear valance kits and usually do not sell them separately. We are bound by legal agreement to use the Porsche factory price list structure which has many many discontinued parts with crazy prices in it. You placed an order for a genuine spacer, it is no longer available. You were sent a aftermarket spacer at the correct price. The shakeproof washer part number that you received is the correct part for the number but obviously not what you needed.

As I said I am really tired of all of this petty bickering. We are here to help not to hinder and If you have nothing better to do than to complain about some washers on this forum, why don't you call and complain to me the man? I would be more than happy to talk to you.

We are the only place on earth who makes those silly spacers and should not even have separated them from the kits we sell, but in our eternal quest to go out of our way to help....and Carrie (the lady) bends over backwards to help customers with the tiniest nut and bolt because that is the way I run my company...I want 914 owners to have every part available to repair their cars... but we will not send out any part unless it is paid for. Send back the parts you cannot use and we will gladly refund including the return shipping. It is that easy without whining on this forum.

QUOTE(steveherman @ Feb 22 2010, 07:11 PM) *

So I called in and placed an order.
Both the lady I talked to and I got on the website and agreed on the part I needed.
She said she had a 914 at home in the garage and said she knew which part I was talking about.
It is the little plastic spacer/washer/shakeproof washer that goes on both ends of the rocker panel.
I ordered 6 of them at $1.05 a piece.
I got them and they were the wrong parts.
I got a lock washer i can get at ACE for a nickel.
So I called and talked to Brad.
He apologized and said that he would get these out at no additional cost to me.
So today I noticed that there was an ADDITIONAL UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE FOR $17 on my card.
I called and talked to Brad and he made it out to be all my fault.
The price of the one he claims to be correct were $2.50 a piece.
He said I was billed the difference.
Well according to my math 6 @ $2.50 is 15.
That is what I was charged. + $2 shipping that is $17.

Shouldn't I (at the very least) get my $6.30 back from the first order?
Shouldn't I have been given the chance to deny or AUTHORIZE AN ADDITIONAL $17 charge to my card?

What shoould I do?
Am I wrong?
I just dont like that they charged the additional $17 without talking to me about it.

+Quote Post
jgara962
post Feb 23 2010, 10:42 AM
Post #28

Yo, this is how I roll

Member No.: 3,879
Region Association: Northern California

I agree with a lot of other people - enough with the vendor bashing already. I can see posting something if a problem went unresolved for months and was over a large amount of money. Take it up with the management at AA directly (George) or your credit card company. My God, what does everyone do, go and find the appropriate forum and post negative comments everytime something goes wrong in life? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
BigD9146gt
post Feb 23 2010, 10:46 AM
Post #29

OCD member

Member No.: 3,502
Region Association: Australia and New Zealand

QUOTE(jgara962 @ Feb 23 2010, 08:42 AM) *

... My God, what does everyone do, go and find the appropriate forum and post negative comments everytime something goes wrong in life? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

i know i'm guilty as charged
+Quote Post
sww914
post Feb 23 2010, 10:48 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,146

So if you send back the wrong parts you'll get the money back for them.
That's not too hard, sounds normal to me.

There's no such thing as a perfect parts supplier. Even if they always ship the right package every singe time, sometimes their supplier puts the wrong parts in the box. I've seen a GM brake caliper, the wrong side, arrive in the right side box twice before. Can't be mad at the dealer's parts guys for that.
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post Feb 23 2010, 11:22 AM
Post #31

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

the vendor bashing does nothing good. if you have a bad experience with Pelican, AA, or "bob on ebay" don't buy from them anymore... 'nuff said. it's a free country buy from who you like... my good and bad experiences have told me who to buy from and who NOT to buy from. and there's already enough bashing for people to know that AA has had issues.

personally, I check what MEMBER vendors are selling before I EVER look at what AA, Pelican or others have in stock.
+Quote Post
Katmanken
post Feb 23 2010, 11:23 AM
Post #32

You haven't seen me if anybody asks...

Member No.: 819
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I for one am very tired of the perpetual passive aggressive drama/bullying.

Take it up with the vendor if you have a problem.

We don't have many vendors willing to support our habit. Work with them if it's wrong or.... you feel it's wrong.

No satisfaction? Feel $17 is costly for custom made NLA parts for car that's been out of production for 35 years? Send it back, get a refund, and don't deal with them again.

It's your choice, we avoid the drama, and some of us may continue to have a source for the hard to find parts.
+Quote Post
HAM Inc
post Feb 23 2010, 04:30 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 6,499

How about a positive post?
I have been doing head work for AA since the mid 90's. George has always been easy to deal with, he pays his bills ( which is more than I can say about one of his competitors, but hey, I'm trying to keep this positive!) and he has never once asked me to do half-assed work for him.

I don't know anyone more commited to the continued enjoyment of 914's.
+Quote Post
KevinP
post Feb 23 2010, 05:25 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 3,127

Steve,

NO you are not overeacting! I don't care how much a part cost. The company is in business to make a profit and is judged on how they do business and how they treat their customers when mistakes are made ( either side).

With what I have seen in the past I would love to teach some companies about customer service - I would make a fuching killing off the business they loose because of there lack of.

My 2 cents......

KP
+Quote Post
nomore9one4
post Feb 23 2010, 05:25 PM
Post #35

Member of the Eastcoast Thread Killers Club

Member No.: 14

George, Do you have those cute fuzzy dash covers in stock yet? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) Just kidding. I know I still have not called you, like you asked,But I am sure you just wanted to give me some free parts! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post
underthetire
post Feb 23 2010, 05:31 PM
Post #36

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,623

Not again! Poor old Dr. Evil was almost banned last time trying to get the thread locked. Look, George is an asset to our little cars. Is he perfect, hell no, do I shop somewhere else first-yes, but mostly cause of shipping time-not his fault. Enough of this bashing and he might just go away, then what the hell are we to do.
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Feb 23 2010, 05:38 PM
Post #37

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

I pooped twice today. Both were fairly normal, maybe a bit on the soft side, but gratifying nonetheless
+Quote Post
underthetire
post Feb 23 2010, 05:43 PM
Post #38

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,623

I see where your going. Mine was like a baseball at first then softened to a nice comfortable push.
+Quote Post
Rand
post Feb 23 2010, 05:44 PM
Post #39

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573

(IMG:http://www.bjacked.net/LuvToHunt/forums/phpBB2/modules/gallery/albums/album01/Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg) (IMG:http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/images/smilies/other_beatingA_DeadHorse.gif) (IMG:http://me.abelcheung.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/beating_dead_horse.gif) (IMG:http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_syY-JtId8KI/SOGHRx51DuI/AAAAAAAAABo/uW60hMVzbzY/s320/Dead%20horse.GIF)
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Feb 23 2010, 05:45 PM
Post #40

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

QUOTE(underthetire @ Feb 23 2010, 03:43 PM) *

I see where your going. Mine was like a baseball at first then softened to a nice comfortable push.

The ones that really suck are the pinecones. You know, the ones that feel like your crapping a pinecone, pointy end first. OOOOhohhhhh the pain (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 05:45 PM