Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Transmission, Clutch won't engage
jsaum
post Mar 7 2010, 02:03 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,809
Region Association: None

I seem to back to square one with my car. Twelve years ago when I got the car the clutch wouldn't engage. I pulled the motor and transmission found what the hell hole was and am just now getting it back together.

Here's where I'm at I have replaced the clutch tube using a thicker tube from McMaster Carr, I have 1 1/2 of tube sticking out at the fire wall, it was almost flush before! I had the fly wheel surfaced, new disk and pressure plate, throw out bearing and replace the pivot cup. When the engine and transmission are assembled there's maybe 1/4 inch travel for the release lever before it stops on the housing. The pivot ball has one washer behind it which seems normal, I have read that you can add washers to space it out for better travel how many should I try to add? What is the normal travel on the release lever? The lever doesn't look bent I have a second tranny and lever and they both look the same. The new pressure plate and clutch are Sachs type M215 i believe this is correct. You can get an idea from the pictures what the cable looks like it is fully adjusted. Has anyone had this same issue?

Thanks for the help!
Jsaum

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 07:57 PM