Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Yet Another "Help, my car doesn't run" Thread, '75 2.0
poorsche914
post Mar 8 2010, 03:08 PM
Post #1

T4 Supercharged

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,419
Region Association: South East States

I haven't touched the car in a couple months but it was nice today so I thought I'd see what happens.

It is a Cali '75 2.0 that when I bought it last summer, ran OK. It did have the stumble at around 2500rpm or so typical of the problem TPS. I backdated the exhaust with SS exchangers and a ??? muffler. Still ran OK.

I then decided to remove the smog stuff. The pump was already missing. When I pulled the air injection pipes, they were clogged with ???. I used JBWeld and caps to seal them and reinstalled. Removed the other pipes and plugged the connection point on the air breather. Started it and did not run too well. I checked and double checked to be sure I had all the vac lines connected in the right spots. Looked OK.

I then checked the gas tank. Pulled it and looked inside. Some rust but not too bad. I cleaned the sock and put in new fuel lines and fuel filter. Put it all back together and still not running right. Even swapped out two other fuel pumps. Same result all three.

Today the weather is beautiful so I decided to give it another try and pay more attention to what is happening...

1. Starts right up and idles fine. Freely revs without much issue. Some backfiring.
2. Drove down the road (less than half a mile before turning around) Some hesitation and bucking at the 30-3500 range under acceleration.
3. Drove home and let it idle for about 5 min to warm up then back on the road. Under acceleration, MAJOR bucking/hesitation at just over 2k and up. Backfiring. Limped home and shut it off.

Any suggestions on where to start would be appreciated. Nice weather is here and I really want to start driving my 914! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 01:56 AM