Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> obscure question, fresh air blower control
bugsy0
post Mar 13 2010, 03:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,508
Region Association: None

Hello World - I removed the ventilation control slider assembly on my '71 and noticed that it has 'notches' cast into the pot-metal chassis where it looks like the top slider (fresh air vent/blower control) once had a ball bearing that would catch in them to provide detents for the three distinct fan speeds.

Is there supposed to be a bearing there? My top slider operates smoothly like the other two, which sure doesn't seem right. It should have detents at fan speeds 1,2,3. I tried using a bb (.177 cal) but that diameter is a bit too large and doesn't work well. Anybody seen this problem?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 1)
bugsy0
post Mar 13 2010, 06:30 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,508
Region Association: None

I figured this out - there's no ball bearing - the detent is done with a spring steel tab with a ball on the end of it, which is riveted to the adjuster arm. My tab is broken and really just should be replaced.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 07:51 AM