Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Floorpan cross tube thingies, Best way to cut them out?
campbellcj
post Mar 28 2004, 10:26 PM
Post #1

I can't Re Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

I finally made some more progress on the car this weekend -- finished the engine compartment side of the fuel line and Weber fuel bar replacement, redid the rear f/g bumper mountings (dzus) and pulled the seat to begin a bunch of interior stuff.

To mount my new seats, I will need to channel or completely remove the box section that goes across the floor pans (i.e. approx. under your knees). The seats will be on alloy sidemounts that are bolted directly to the floor, which I'll reinforce a bit.

Question is, should I hunt down a plasma cutter or cutting torch (i.e. pay a shop) or can this be done decently with what I've got, i.e. just about anything else (cutoffs, grinders, drills, etc)??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) I don't want to butcher the floors as they're fairly clean and I don't have a welder, either. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Thanks again 914 gurus! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 08:24 PM