Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> t4 hydraulic cam, Trying to identify a hydraulic cam
brandomc
post Mar 24 2010, 04:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,363
Region Association: Southern California

I gave up on the 350 dollar 1.7 that i tried putting into my car, so now im tearing into a 2.0 i bought a while back. The guy i bought it from said that he had it rebuilt about 10 years ago and then was never able to get it to fire up. Anyways, he told me that it had hydraulic lifters in it, but he didnt know much else.
What i am wondering is how to tell the difference between a hydraulic cam and a solid lift cam. There are hydraulic lifters in the engine. Im tearing into this engine and trying to make sure everything is legit in it, but now that im almost completly disasimbled, im thinking about a 2056 kit for some reason.
The engine looks pretty good inside. The rings look brand new, the cylinder walls look like they were honed a few hundred miles ago, the cam looks new, the pistons look old and one has a big ding in the top. A few of the cylinders have fins broken on the top.
Looks like the engine was "freshend up" with not much money being spent. Im not sure if i should put it back together and try it out, or if i should just drop some cash and put together a really good engine.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 06:33 PM