Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Big thanks to Krusty!, He saves my bacon on the WC!
jaime
post Mar 27 2010, 12:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,403
Region Association: None

Cap'n Krusty of West Coast Garage in Santa Maria, Ca, thought he had a line on a Porsche 912E for me, so during a vacation in Death Valley last week, I thought I'd take my rented 78 VW bus and go have a look see. The Porsche was a bust (and I'm still hunting for one, if you know of one). But while in DV, the alternator on the bus blew out and, 24 hrs later, 4 battery charges later, and about 3 dozen big freaking mountains later, in to Krusty's shop did I pull the VW.

While my girlfriend stood around bored, I check out Krusty's stable o' cars -- a couple of 914s, a Volvo P1800, some old Porsches -- and watched as Krusty worked his magic on the bus. He had other work to do, but he made room for me and my gal, got the job done right, and sent me on my way with a wave of his wrench.

Plus, he let me help him *twice*, by holding a screwdriver just so. Woo-woo! Thanks, Krusty!

Anyway, he's a great guy, a lot of fun, and I had a blast.

If you're in the area, you should definitely check out his shop. And him. He didn't seem nearly as, er, ah, krusty in person as I'd feared. Great guy! Thanks again! Wish we had more like him near me in the great NE!

first pic is of me watching the master at work. second one is of the bus and my long-suffering girlfriend.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
jaime   Big thanks to Krusty!   Mar 27 2010, 12:13 PM
McMark   :trophy:   Mar 27 2010, 01:00 PM
KELTY360   Anyway, he's a great guy, a lot of fun, and ...   Mar 27 2010, 03:08 PM
jaime   Anyway, he's a great guy, a lot of fun, and...   Mar 27 2010, 07:11 PM
Elliot Cannon   Ummmm, I don't know who that was but it wasn...   Mar 27 2010, 09:39 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:48 AM