Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GT flares Fiberglass vs. steel, advantage / disadvantage
andys
post Apr 10 2010, 11:40 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 721
Region Association: None

QUOTE(andys @ Mar 31 2010, 10:23 AM) *

QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Mar 31 2010, 09:46 AM) *

I've got steel flares and the car is a street/DE car. One advantage is it seems is FG flares let you use 9" rear wheels where it seems like the steel ones can only get 8" wheels. I've got three sets of wheels, 2 sets Fuchs/1set BBS and there is no way I can get any wider rears on. Maybe a differend inside offset in a 9" would work. A friend had a 914 with FG flares and the rocks from the track/slicks began spider cracking the OUTSIDE of his paint on the rears...A dedicated track car would be better off with FG...Have another friend who has FG flares and his 9" BBS fit just fine. We're going to try his 9's on my rear and see if they will go, but I'm betting they won't....

I'm nearly finished with the install of fiberglass flare, but also have a set of steel flares I recently bought. My 255/40/17 on 9" just barely fit the rear fiberglass flare and was wondering if those would fit under the steel flares. Let us know if the 9" fit.
Andys

jt914-6,

Any new info on the fit of the 9" on the rear steel flares?

Thanks,

Andys
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Silverstreak
post Apr 10 2010, 12:56 PM
Post #42

Edmund J. Fournier #36

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,552
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Mar 31 2010, 08:15 PM) *

OK, I'll be the bad guy here!

Other than destroying the value of the few 914's left - why would you do this? Steel or plastic - if it wasn't an available option on your 914 - why?

Just curious, and sorry for the hijack.
Pat

ps: my thanks to all who've sliced up thier 914's to fit flares for no reason than whatever - you've increased the value of mine.

Because when it comes to classic car guys there are two types. Show car guys and (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) drivers. 914's are sports cars meant for sporting, great entry level race cars. Plus they aren't THAT rare. Just sayinisall. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 04:43 AM