Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No title, what to do?, local teener for sale
djporsche
post Apr 7 2010, 07:10 PM
Post #21

Texas Teener

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,548
Region Association: None

QUOTE(jaxdream @ Apr 2 2010, 07:42 PM) *

The name of the title service I used is :
International Title Service
3230 Flamingo Rd.
Suite 8-357
Las Vegas , Nevada 89121
702-456-4027

Before I contacted them , I checked them out by the BBB , they had a good rating so I went for it , no regrets yet . Thier address has changed from when I used them in 08 , but they still have a web site , and I do reccomend them.
There is another title service used by a lot of hotrodders , Broadway Title Service which is located in Alabama , I know a few guys that have used them in the past successfully, they were a little higher than International , so I went with International . Good luck , BTW when I went to my state's DMV before the title service , they did inform me that the car wasn't stolen which helped out a lot , but that's all the info they would give me.

Jack / Jaxdream

I have use them for two cars my old 65 vw bus and a 73 914 i had. I was told the price went up to $250 and it took 3 months but he got it for his 60 double cab.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
realred914
post Apr 8 2010, 01:07 AM
Post #22

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 11,541
Region Association: None

amazing how much the government jerks can screw up what should be a simple transaction. dam money sucking vultures.

we shouldn't even need to register our cars, it is a racket. so much for liberty, this really hits poor folks hard. disgusting!

many political elites get to drive (or be driven in) state onwed fancy cars, and not worry about registration fees, but the little guy, the working class are hit, and hit hard. $200, $300 is a LOT of money for many folks.

I used to drive a $50 used car (yeah really $50, and that is proabably a fair price, considering its conditoin), the dam registration fee was $51 , more than I paid for the car!

How would the politican elites like it if they got hit with a yearly $40,001 fee for their $40,000 luxury car?

+Quote Post
MikeSpraggi
post Apr 8 2010, 04:00 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 3,570
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I used Broadway Title (http://www.broadwaytitle.com/pricing.htm) to get a title for a car I bought a couple of years ago. Very easy process. If you live in Kentucky, they claim on their web site that can now service Kentucky. I was very happy with their service and pricing.
+Quote Post
JTarver
post Apr 8 2010, 04:56 AM
Post #24

Medium pimpin

Member No.: 11,559
Region Association: South East States

Well things may be waaay different in your home state..but that being said..
I'm in Arkansas, and recently got a bonded title on my Alfa spider.
Long story short, the car had been abandoned, and it ended up in my hands from the people who purchased the land it was abandoned on.

From there, I went to the DMV and got the paperwork to file for a lost title.
You fill out a few pages of this, THEY contact the previous owner via VIN number, previous records, etc and try to send them a letter. After some time, they send your paperwork back to get a bond on the car ( incase the old owner shows up to reclaim it or whatever). Meanwhile, I went to the bond agency and got a bonded title (issued at the carths worth, cost me about 100 bucks) and then you take all the above paperwork to the tag office and submit what you have. Make sure your name is spelled out, even middle. They sent mine back because my middle name wasnt spelled out, so the bond office had to fix that for me.
I sent the paperwork off via the tag office, and got my bonded title in the mail about a month later.

Tell the tag office the vehicle is bonded, and it's for title purposes only. That way they know it isnt running, and you don't need ins. on it, or tags per say until it is running.
This is how it worked for me, best of luck on your endeavor.
Joe
+Quote Post
Steve
post Apr 8 2010, 09:07 AM
Post #25

914 Guru

Member No.: 822
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(JTarver @ Apr 8 2010, 03:56 AM) *

Well things may be waaay different in your home state..but that being said..
I'm in Arkansas, and recently got a bonded title on my Alfa spider.
Long story short, the car had been abandoned, and it ended up in my hands from the people who purchased the land it was abandoned on.

From there, I went to the DMV and got the paperwork to file for a lost title.
You fill out a few pages of this, THEY contact the previous owner via VIN number, previous records, etc and try to send them a letter. After some time, they send your paperwork back to get a bond on the car ( incase the old owner shows up to reclaim it or whatever). Meanwhile, I went to the bond agency and got a bonded title (issued at the carths worth, cost me about 100 bucks) and then you take all the above paperwork to the tag office and submit what you have. Make sure your name is spelled out, even middle. They sent mine back because my middle name wasnt spelled out, so the bond office had to fix that for me.
I sent the paperwork off via the tag office, and got my bonded title in the mail about a month later.

Tell the tag office the vehicle is bonded, and it's for title purposes only. That way they know it isnt running, and you don't need ins. on it, or tags per say until it is running.
This is how it worked for me, best of luck on your endeavor.
Joe

Reminds me of a story I read several years ago from either this site or the club site. Some guy in California, either got his teener stolen or towed and then left the country for awhile and then came back and saw his teener for sale. Because he was gone for along time, someone bought it and reregistered it. He made a big stink trying to get it back but couldn't because someone else made a legal claim to it. The car turned into a hot potato. Nobody wanted to keep it or buy it and the original owner didn't want to buy it back. I am curious what the outcome was.....
+Quote Post
grouperalley
post Apr 8 2010, 08:45 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 7,165

As one of the clubs resident lawyers i'd ask a lot of questions of your dmv and read their adminstrative code carefully ( as its called in fl) before i relied upon a title service. My concern would be i'd buy a car, get some sort of title, dump tons of $ only to find out there was a competing title and that owner had a claim to my/his car. i've never researched the title services or understand their methods but if they warranty only to the cost of their work, so what if they refund you $300, and you are out a car
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 01:09 AM