Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Megasquirt'n the 1.8, doing it on the "cheap" :)
Mueller
post Mar 30 2004, 07:47 PM
Post #1

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

I started the conversion last night of transforming my 1.8 L-jet to Megasquirt FI....I'll update this thread as progress happens

First mod was to adapt the Ford TPS to the stock throttle body....I forgot my camera, but this drawing shows what I did more or less.

removed stock TPS, drilled a hole in the shaft for a .093 spring pin. The Ford throttle body shaft has flat on it similar to a flat blade screwdriver which rides against two small protrusions on the inside of the TPS. The new pin will do the same thing.

I might still try to use the stock Bosch TPS electrical fittings/connections, but right now it looks like the Ford TPS is just a tad bit too big to fit entirely inside the stock TPS housing for a total stealth look.........

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
chunger
post Mar 30 2004, 09:11 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 133

Hey Mike,

Still have your stim. . . I got one of my own now, just not assembled yet. Lemme know when I can get it to you.

-'Chung

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 02:09 AM