Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New guy with an old car, Intro..Long post..
hot_shoe914
post Apr 6 2010, 08:19 PM
Post #21

on ramp passer

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,354
Region Association: None

Looks like a '73 model to me. A '74 wouldn't have the silver button gauges unless swapped out and it also looks as if there are no tit holes on the rear bumper also indicating a '73 model.

Shoe (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
flippa
post Apr 6 2010, 08:19 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,720
Region Association: North East States

Nice looking car! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I had this exact car except with fuch wheels & a luggage rack. Gotta love the orange ones!!!

My AC was different, but I think there were a few different ones the dealers put in them. I never ran it anyways; damn thing robbed too much power. The top should always be off.

Mine never did work off the key; never could figure that out. I mickey moused the starter on a push-button swich & kept it under the driver's seat. It worked.

Good luck & take lots of pictures.
+Quote Post
Germanpride
post Apr 6 2010, 08:55 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 11,473
Region Association: None

I was mistaken, it is a low VIN, but not as low as I thought. It is 4742900782. It does have bumper guards front and rear, the left rear has broken off though. I don't know anything about the gauges.
+Quote Post
charliew
post Apr 7 2010, 10:59 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,958

You may want to save the ac stuff as there are some people that want to install ac in the cars that have had the motor swapped out that don't worry about the perfectness of the original car. All ac units were installed by a dealer in the 914. I'm pretty sure there are only two different brands and both were made in TX. One in Ft Worth and the other in San Antonio. I have the one made in FT Worth and have found it hard to get the control switches to replace the original ones. They use a different stem than the newer switches I have found available. Actually if you were to go to a new style more efficient compressor it wouldn't pull the motor down near as bad when it cycles on.
+Quote Post
flipb
post Apr 7 2010, 11:05 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 10,752
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(flipb @ Apr 6 2010, 05:43 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

What's the VIN? Just curious as mine is also an early '74MY 2.0 with appearance package. My VIN is 4742900862.

Best of luck getting it back to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

QUOTE(Germanpride @ Apr 6 2010, 10:55 PM) *

I was mistaken, it is a low VIN, but not as low as I thought. It is 4742900782. It does have bumper guards front and rear, the left rear has broken off though. I don't know anything about the gauges.

We should get these two cars together. They haven't seen each other since they were parked 80 cars away from one another in the Karmann factory lot. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 05:08 AM